Man killed in Homewood shooting identified
The man who was shot to death in Homewood over the weekend was identified Monday as a resident of the community, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Lavar Rich, 23, was pronounced dead at the scene of gunshot wounds of the trunk, the spokesman said.
Police were called at 1:14 a.m. Sunday for a report of at least a half-dozen shots fired near the intersection of Race Street and Brushton Avenue, said Pittsburgh Department of Public Safety spokeswoman Sonya Toler. Rich was found face down in a grassy area off Race Street, she said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lower Burrell couple charged with 6 misdemeanor counts of animal cruelty
- Woman accused of prescription scheme
- New Kensington dedicates fireworks festivities to longtime coordinator
- State store relocates to Highlands Mall
- Funeral planned for Connellsville teen who died in crash
- Brackenridge gets $98K federal grant to fund waterline project
- Connellsville fireworks display gets change of site
- New trial sought in 1977 murder case
- Rossi: Rutherford shines as old boss pouts
- Penguins’ Kessel ‘thrilled’ with chance to play with Crosby, Malkin
- Pam Porterfield: Church events, family reunions, benefits abound in Fayette County