Man killed in Homewood shooting identified
The man who was shot to death in Homewood over the weekend was identified Monday as a resident of the community, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Lavar Rich, 23, was pronounced dead at the scene of gunshot wounds of the trunk, the spokesman said.
Police were called at 1:14 a.m. Sunday for a report of at least a half-dozen shots fired near the intersection of Race Street and Brushton Avenue, said Pittsburgh Department of Public Safety spokeswoman Sonya Toler. Rich was found face down in a grassy area off Race Street, she said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game
- Steelers pressing to create opportunities to get to quarterback
- Highmark to increase premiums, limit access to health care in new plans
- Pirates’ Martin calls crowd chant ‘petty special’
- Consol Energy cutting retiree health benefits, phasing out pension
- Woman dies in fall at McConnells Mill State Park
- Dense fog slows Western Pa. morning rush hour
- WPIAL football coaches use unique awards to motivate their players
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell aware of need to reduce penalties