U.S. Marine from East Washington charged with fatally shooting wife in N.C.
RICHLANDS, N.C. — Onslow County sheriff's deputies said a Marine, who formerly lived in East Washington, has been charged with shooting and killing his wife at their North Carolina home.
The sheriff's office said deputies were called to a home near Richlands about 9:45 p.m. Sunday.
Deputies said Jordan Skaggs, 31, was found dead from gunshot wounds to the chest.
Her husband, Christopher Michael Skaggs, 32, was charged with murder and is being held in Onslow County jail. It was not clear if he has an attorney.
Deputies said a gun was recovered at the scene. Sheriff Ed Brown said the couple had three children who were next door swimming when the shooting occurred.
The Marine Corps said Skaggs is a sergeant on the staff of the School of Infantry East at Camp Geiger at New River Air Station.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt beats Syracuse, snaps 3-game losing streak
- Penn State struggles against Big Ten’s worst defense in loss to Illinois
- Add surprise flavors to Thanksgiving turkey
- Roasted almonds are a quick, simple snack
- Freezing rain hits Western Pennsylvania, many accidents reported
- Newsmaker: Christopher W. Robinson
- Penn State notebook: Nittany Lions linebacker Bell misses 1st game of season
- Asian-flavored marinade flavors roasted turkey breast
- Chinese state media give profs a chilling warning
- Bluegrass jam sessions bring out all types of musicians, fans
- Police investigating shooting outside of Monessen bar