U.S. Marine from East Washington charged with fatally shooting wife in N.C.
RICHLANDS, N.C. — Onslow County sheriff's deputies said a Marine, who formerly lived in East Washington, has been charged with shooting and killing his wife at their North Carolina home.
The sheriff's office said deputies were called to a home near Richlands about 9:45 p.m. Sunday.
Deputies said Jordan Skaggs, 31, was found dead from gunshot wounds to the chest.
Her husband, Christopher Michael Skaggs, 32, was charged with murder and is being held in Onslow County jail. It was not clear if he has an attorney.
Deputies said a gun was recovered at the scene. Sheriff Ed Brown said the couple had three children who were next door swimming when the shooting occurred.
The Marine Corps said Skaggs is a sergeant on the staff of the School of Infantry East at Camp Geiger at New River Air Station.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers swap draft pick for Eagles cornerback
- Rossi: Looking at the next great Steeler
- After early criticism, Haley has Steelers offense poised to be even better
- GOP convention host Cleveland shaking off Rust Belt image
- Missing deaf, autistic teen last seen on North Side
- Steelers notebook: Injuries finally become issue at training camp
- Reds solve Cole, stave off Pirates’ 9th-inning rally
- Penguins not alone in top-heavy approach to salary cap
- Shell shovels $30M into proposed Beaver County plant site
- Implant gives epileptics chance at ‘new life’
- Inside the Steelers: QB Jones continues to get majority of snaps