U.S. Marine from East Washington charged with fatally shooting wife in N.C.
RICHLANDS, N.C. — Onslow County sheriff's deputies said a Marine, who formerly lived in East Washington, has been charged with shooting and killing his wife at their North Carolina home.
The sheriff's office said deputies were called to a home near Richlands about 9:45 p.m. Sunday.
Deputies said Jordan Skaggs, 31, was found dead from gunshot wounds to the chest.
Her husband, Christopher Michael Skaggs, 32, was charged with murder and is being held in Onslow County jail. It was not clear if he has an attorney.
Deputies said a gun was recovered at the scene. Sheriff Ed Brown said the couple had three children who were next door swimming when the shooting occurred.
The Marine Corps said Skaggs is a sergeant on the staff of the School of Infantry East at Camp Geiger at New River Air Station.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jobs on state website include ‘private party dancing,’ ‘car dates’
- Fans flock to what they hope will continue ‘magical season’
- Rossi: Pirates plan to carry Hurdle deep into playoffs
- Informant who believed life was in danger to testify
- State looks into UPMC complaint that Highmark violated agreement
- Pittsburgh poised to pay firm $250K to handle lawsuit over housing funds
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Quaker Valley names new high school principal
- Attorney General seeks halt in Conneaut Lake Park sheriff’s sale
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Point State Park honored as top-notch public space