La. governor Jindal in Pa. to stump for Corbett
HARRISBURG — Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal is in Pennsylvania to headline a fundraiser for his fellow Republican governor, Tom Corbett.
Corbett campaign officials said they expected the Wednesday evening event in suburban Allentown to raise more than $250,000.
Spokesman Chris Pack says that would be Corbett's biggest fundraising haul ever in the Lehigh Valley.
The fundraiser is at the home of David Jaindl, the third-generation owner of his family's turkey breeding and processing business.
Corbett's re-election bid is being challenged by Democrat Tom Wolf, who chairs a building-products distributor begun by his family in 1843 and served briefly as revenue secretary under former Gov. Ed Rendell.
The two candidates have reported spending $26 million on the race since last year began, and could spend another $20 million before the Nov. 4 election.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Holocaust survivor shares his story again
- Ramp dedicated to slain McKeesport officer’s memory
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Shelter’s spat with YCC is delayed
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- ROAD RULES
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire