Man fatally shot in Allentown section of city
A man was shot and killed Wednesday night in Allentown, city police said.
Officers were called about 9:30 p.m. for the report of shots fired along East Amanda Avenue. When they arrived, they called homicide detectives to report that they found the body of a man who had been shot in the head at the address.
The victim is an unidentified black man, said Pittsburgh public safety spokeswoman Sonya Toler.
“We are still processing the scene,” Toler said, adding that no additional information was immediately available.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Newcomers get 1st taste of rivalry with Flyers
- Allegheny County committee to hear about Ebola readiness
- Penn State notebook: Dieffenbach might return to help Lions’ offensive line
- Steelers dial up 2-point play for Brown’s TD toss
- 12 selected for jury in Ferrante cyanide-poisoning trial
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Stocks rally; S&P 500 has best day of 2014
- Injured Pitt center Rowell plays well-rounded role on campus
- Expert: Stress level rises for Americans who forfeit vacation
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- NATO chases Russian aircraft