Man fatally shot in Allentown section of city
A man was shot and killed Wednesday night in Allentown, city police said.
Officers were called about 9:30 p.m. for the report of shots fired along East Amanda Avenue. When they arrived, they called homicide detectives to report that they found the body of a man who had been shot in the head at the address.
The victim is an unidentified black man, said Pittsburgh public safety spokeswoman Sonya Toler.
“We are still processing the scene,” Toler said, adding that no additional information was immediately available.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Corbett, Wolf resort to sticks, stones to attract attention
- Critics claim state Attorney General Kane puts politics first
- Lower Burrell man charged with shoplifting
- DEP orders cleanup of former Jeannette Glass property to resume
- Freeport man accused of having child pornography images
- Fire at Flight 93 National Memorial hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- New Kensington to convert tennis courts to dek hockey rink
- Zappala impersonation suspect arrested; stores offered reimbursement