Man fatally shot in Allentown section of city
A man was shot and killed Wednesday night in Allentown, city police said.
Officers were called about 9:30 p.m. for the report of shots fired along East Amanda Avenue. When they arrived, they called homicide detectives to report that they found the body of a man who had been shot in the head at the address.
The victim is an unidentified black man, said Pittsburgh public safety spokeswoman Sonya Toler.
“We are still processing the scene,” Toler said, adding that no additional information was immediately available.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- PennDOT team decides what spells trouble on vehicle license plates
- Pirates get journeyman Ishikawa off waivers; outfielder Marte injured
- McIlroy, world’s No. 1 golfer, injures ankle playing soccer
- Fayette County man injured in WV fireworks mishap
- Alle-Kiski farmers: Crops weather heavy rain
- Alvarez homer triggers winning outburst for Pirates
- Woman shot at Kennywood Park in ‘freak accident’
- La Scuola d’Italia Galileo Galilei touts Pittsburgh’s Italian heritage
- Westmoreland County on pace to surpass record for drug-related fatalities
- ‘Iron Dog’ draws four-legged competitors from across the region
- Crane tips over, smashes into roof of building at Pitt