Shooting in Mt. Oliver closes part of Brownsville Road
A portion of Brownsville Road in Mt. Oliver was closed Thursday evening during a police investigation of a shooting.
Police and paramedics were called at 6:46 p.m. for a report of a man shot in the leg near the intersection of Brownsville Road and Amanda Avenue, county emergency dispatchers said.
The man was taken to a hospital. No other information was available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- DUI checkpoints take on dangerous drivers
- McKeesport Area, South Allegheny, Elizabeth Forward musicians head to holiday parades
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Former Clairton resident killed
- Membership fees predicted for continued Heritage van use in the Mon Valley
- Lost election inspires South Allegheny student’s clothing project
- Ehrhoff finding his way with Penguins
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- Cancer didn’t stop mother from living for her son
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- No. 15 San Diego State hammers Pitt, 74-57