Garfield teen fatally shot near his home
A Garfield teen was shot and killed Thursday night at the Nelson Mandela Peace Park, not far from his home.
Naytel Pack, 17, died at 8:09 p.m. at UPMC Presbyterian hospital in Oakland, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Pittsburgh police and paramedics were called at 7:48 p.m. for a report of a person shot at the intersection of Broad and North Evaline streets. They found the victim had been shot multiple times in the torso, Public Safety spokeswoman Sonya Toler said.
City homicide detectives are investigating.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Elsie Hillman, philanthropist and one-time GOP powerhouse, dies at 89
- Steelers defensive end Tuitt shifts into high gear
- Rossi: Pirates foolish to bet on Burnett return
- Suspect in Dormont robbery caught after he falls into storm-swollen creek
- Westmoreland girl tells trooper a stranger fondled her in Herminie alley
- Steelers notebook: No decision on surgery for rookie CB Golson
- Man accused of killing Brookline woman denied bail
- Steelers’ Mitchell taking cautious approach about dealing with injuries
- Rain postpones Pirates-Cubs game
- Perfect storm rains heroin, pain pills onto Mon Valley
- Operating loss mounts at Highmark’s core hospital system