Garfield teen fatally shot near his home
A Garfield teen was shot and killed Thursday night at the Nelson Mandela Peace Park, not far from his home.
Naytel Pack, 17, died at 8:09 p.m. at UPMC Presbyterian hospital in Oakland, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Pittsburgh police and paramedics were called at 7:48 p.m. for a report of a person shot at the intersection of Broad and North Evaline streets. They found the victim had been shot multiple times in the torso, Public Safety spokeswoman Sonya Toler said.
City homicide detectives are investigating.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- S. Carolina man wanted by Shaler police arrested
- Constables accused of unprofessional conduct held for court
- Penn State president: Freeh acted like prosecutor in review
- Penguins get physical, trade Goc for Blues’ Lapierre
- Stocks lose footing on Fed statement
- UPMC, Highmark disagree over payment of medical claims for children
- Continental targets early 2016 for North Shore apartments, parking garage
- Cuba lays out list of demands for improved relations
- Leader of Venezuelan congress denies bodyguard’s allegations
- Washington County man convicted of domestic assaults
- NHL notebook: Bruins place veteran forward Gagne on waivers