Police charge 3 women who they say walked off with kids at Allegheny County custody hearing with kidnapping
Three women who police say walked off with five children during an Allegheny County Children, Youth and Family custody hearing on Friday were charged with kidnapping, interfering with custody of children and criminal conspiracy.
Errainna Crosby, 33, of Stowe took five juveniles from the family court building on Ross Street about 6 p.m. Friday, police said. Court officials were conducting a hearing to terminate parental custody of the children.
Surveillance footage showed Crosby and Marianne Robinson, 46, of Spring Hill leaving the area with two children, police said. Three children left with Sonja Guyy, 53, of McKees Rocks, police wrote.
Police pulled over a Port Authority bus on Helen Street in McKees Rocks and found Guyy.
Police learned that Crosby was staying in a home in Sheraden and planned to take the children out of town by bus, police wrote. Police and deputies found Crosby and four of the children in the home about 1 a.m. Saturday, according to the complaint.
Police arrested Robinson in her apartment. The fifth child was in a neighboring apartment, police said. Robinson had asked the residents if the child could spend the night.
The children have been placed in the custody of CYF.
Robinson could not post $5,000 bond, and Crosby could not post $10,000 bond. They remained in jail Saturday afternoon. Guyy was released on her own recognizance.
Bill Vidonic is a staff writer for Trib total Media. Reach him at 412-380-5621 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 121 tourists stranded on schooner near Statue of Liberty
- Penn State rolls past Massachusetts
- Climate change tops debt as budget threat, feds say
- Lending challenges, rehab costs thwart efforts to revitalize
- Pitt notebook: Boyd has breakout performance in loss
- Hurricane shattered Charleston, S.C., tested mayor 25 years ago
- Ticks reduce moose population in northern states
- Islamic State frees 49 hostages
- Hill District leaders irked as Penguins submit former Civic Arena site plan to city
- Pitt blows 10-point lead as Iowa rallies for win
- Pirates notebook: Worley raring to go after skipping last start