Truck drivers taken to hospital after Pa. Turnpike crash in Butler County
Two truckers were injured in a fiery crash Wednesday night along the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Butler County.
Both drivers were taken to area hospitals following the crash that occurred at 9:15 p.m. in the westbound lanes about a mile west of the Cranberry exit, state police said. The injuries did not appear to be life-threatening, troopers said.
Troopers said one of the rigs had pulled off the roadway and into a wide area where it stopped. The second rig left the roadway for some unknown reason and plowed into the rear of the parked rig, igniting the flames that engulfed the stationary truck, troopers said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McCutchen, Pirates hitters increasingly in crosshairs
- Locke pitches 8 scoreless innings as Pirates edge Indians
- State-owned universities spend millions in race to snare students
- Pirates minor league report: Ramirez more mindful while at plate
- Woman shot outside Kennywood Park in West Mifflin
- Starting 9: Pirates missing out on young bat
- Biertempfel: Loss of All-Star paper ballots a blow to nostalgia
- Innovation enhances Philadelphia’s history as Democrats convene, Pope Francis visits
- Pirates trust eye test when voting for all-stars
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Indians, July 5, 2015
- Keystone Markers give insights about towns but have fallen victim to time, theft or traffic accidents