Police investigating Lawrence County convenience store robbery
State police are investigating a Friday armed robbery at a Lawrence County convenience store.
A man walked into the Tic Toc Food Mart on Ellwood Road in Slippery Rock Township around 10:10 p.m. Friday brandishing a handgun and ordered one of two clerks inside to give him money, according to a news release.
The release did not say how much money the clerk gave the man before he left the store.
The man was described as white, between 30 and 40 years old, standing 5 feet 6 inches tall, with a stocky build.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call state police at 724-598-2211.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers defense must replace three injured starters
- Steelers notebook: Running game kept Panthers guessing
- Pirates notebook: Volquez open to re-signing with team
- Penguins notebook: Crosby gets early work
- Gubernatorial debate features incumbent in need of win vs. wealthy businessman running as an outsider
- Root Sports prepares for Pitt/WVU telecast overlap
- Peduto’s first budget proposal seeks to increase real estate tax rate
- Port Authority bus drives over embankment; driver only one aboard
- Rossi: State of NFL gives Steelers a chance
- At least 40 Iraqi soldiers killed in Islamic State strike; dozens captured
- NFL notebook: QB-strapped Bucs hold tryout for Pryor