Rivers Casino sued by family of patron who died in car crash
The family of an O'Hara man who died in a car crash sued Rivers Casino in Allegheny County court on Tuesday.
Gianluca Cresta, 41, crashed his Ford Taurus on Sept. 30, 2012 while driving on Route 8 near the McDonald's in Shaler after drinking for several hours at the North Shore casino, the lawsuit alleges.
Employees at Rivers served Cresta “several double vodka and waters” between 8:30 p.m. and 1 a.m. even though he was visibly intoxicated, according to the lawsuit.
The casino had not yet reviewed the lawsuit and declined to comment on the pending litigation, a spokeswoman said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jobs on state website include ‘private party dancing,’ ‘car dates’
- Secret Service chief resigns after security lapses
- Penguins notebook: Crosby ‘confident’ despite limited preseason time
- Attorney General seeks halt in Conneaut Lake Park sheriff’s sale
- Fans flock to what they hope will continue ‘magical season’
- Advocacy groups call for closer scrutiny of charter schools
- Former Steelers doctor loses bid for Miranda protection
- State looks into UPMC complaint that Highmark violated agreement
- PennDOT to install art murals along Route 28
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Rossi: Pirates plan to carry Hurdle deep into playoffs