Rivers Casino sued by family of patron who died in car crash
The family of an O'Hara man who died in a car crash sued Rivers Casino in Allegheny County court on Tuesday.
Gianluca Cresta, 41, crashed his Ford Taurus on Sept. 30, 2012 while driving on Route 8 near the McDonald's in Shaler after drinking for several hours at the North Shore casino, the lawsuit alleges.
Employees at Rivers served Cresta “several double vodka and waters” between 8:30 p.m. and 1 a.m. even though he was visibly intoxicated, according to the lawsuit.
The casino had not yet reviewed the lawsuit and declined to comment on the pending litigation, a spokeswoman said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lowly job likely awaits former Pittsburgh police chief after prison
- Mt. Lebanon, Hampton capture WPIAL boys lacrosse titles
- Cole outduels Mets rookie, carries Pirates to victory
- With hung jury, feds set to retry murder suspect Korey
- Sharpsburg marina home to pontoon boat rental company
- Fox Chapel, Ambridge capture WPIAL volleyball titles
- Hempfield pair caught in vehicle scam
- WPIAL players take control of early rounds at PIAA tennis tournament
- Daily News League roundup: Nusser’s no-hitter leads Clancy’s to win
- Feds want to seize cash, property from suspects in drug bust
- Pirates notebook: Stewart, Cole develop rapport