Rivers Casino sued by family of patron who died in car crash
The family of an O'Hara man who died in a car crash sued Rivers Casino in Allegheny County court on Tuesday.
Gianluca Cresta, 41, crashed his Ford Taurus on Sept. 30, 2012 while driving on Route 8 near the McDonald's in Shaler after drinking for several hours at the North Shore casino, the lawsuit alleges.
Employees at Rivers served Cresta “several double vodka and waters” between 8:30 p.m. and 1 a.m. even though he was visibly intoxicated, according to the lawsuit.
The casino had not yet reviewed the lawsuit and declined to comment on the pending litigation, a spokeswoman said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Rossi: Time for Pirates to take next step
- Trump falls to Democrats in latest poll of swing states
- New Florence assistant fire chief charged with having sex with juvenile
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- Penguins rally in wake of Dupuis injury
- Wolf still seeking to raise income tax, impose tax on shale-gas drilling
- Fleury’s demeanor helps keep Penguins loose, him playing his best
- Same cast, improved results for Pitt defense
- Cubs’ Arrieta, Pirates’ Cole leave batters with little margin for error
- Fans connect with their beloved Pirates through homemade signs