Rivers Casino sued by family of patron who died in car crash
The family of an O'Hara man who died in a car crash sued Rivers Casino in Allegheny County court on Tuesday.
Gianluca Cresta, 41, crashed his Ford Taurus on Sept. 30, 2012 while driving on Route 8 near the McDonald's in Shaler after drinking for several hours at the North Shore casino, the lawsuit alleges.
Employees at Rivers served Cresta “several double vodka and waters” between 8:30 p.m. and 1 a.m. even though he was visibly intoxicated, according to the lawsuit.
The casino had not yet reviewed the lawsuit and declined to comment on the pending litigation, a spokeswoman said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Pitt beats Syracuse, snaps 3-game losing streak
- D.C. charges woman over armed protest
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Freezing rain hits Western Pennsylvania, many accidents reported
- Leak of grand jury information could cost Attorney General Kane
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- Egypt’s beleaguered tourism industry bounces back
- Springdale Library to pay rent to borough