Rivers Casino sued by family of patron who died in car crash
The family of an O'Hara man who died in a car crash sued Rivers Casino in Allegheny County court on Tuesday.
Gianluca Cresta, 41, crashed his Ford Taurus on Sept. 30, 2012 while driving on Route 8 near the McDonald's in Shaler after drinking for several hours at the North Shore casino, the lawsuit alleges.
Employees at Rivers served Cresta “several double vodka and waters” between 8:30 p.m. and 1 a.m. even though he was visibly intoxicated, according to the lawsuit.
The casino had not yet reviewed the lawsuit and declined to comment on the pending litigation, a spokeswoman said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mother, baby found dead in Millvale apartment
- 2 found dead in Harrison home
- Steelers sign former ACC Player of the Year Boyd for QB depth
- Polamalu could be next in long line of Steelers greats given unceremonial exit
- Route 422 closed after serious accident in Kittanning Township
- Allegheny County Controller candidates quarrel 2 days before Dem endorsement vote
- Pitt star running back Conner likes to give back, savors charity work
- Rossi: Kang would benefit from less attention
- Accident near Highland Park Bridge backs up Route 28 traffic
- Pirates pitcher Locke fighting for 5th spot in starting rotation
- Wolf reverses Corbett, says deal between Highmark, UPMC doesn’t limit continuity of care to very ill