2 Fayette golfers fight over rules of the game
Two men were injured Sunday afternoon when an argument about the rules of golf turned physical, police said.
The two golfers, ages 42 and 63, were playing at Springdale Golf Course in South Union when they became involved in a “heated debate” over the rules of the game, specifically regarding water, on the fifth hole, said state police at Uniontown.
The argument reignited on the seventh hole's fairway and “escalated quickly,” with both golfers sustaining injuries that required treatment at Uniontown Hospital, according to police.
Neither man was identified by police, who are investigating whether assault charges should be filed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Duquesne Light workers find decomposing body
- Woman dead in three-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Penguins send down pair, Bortuzzo practices
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- State overseers reject Mayor Bill Peduto’s 2015 city budget
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- 550 W.Va. coal miners failed drug tests in two years
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- City suspending trash collection Tuesday to honor slain worker
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- County investigators determine fatal McKeesport fire started in living room