Small explosion at West Deer winery injures cook
A small explosion injured a cook who was trying to light a stove at the restaurant at Narcisi Winery in West Deer, the owner of the winery said Sunday.
The incident happened after 9 p.m. Saturday “It was a very small explosion, but enough that it got people's attention,” said Randy Narcisi, owner of the winery.
He said the unidentified employee was taken to a hospital with a minor injury. Firefighters responded, but there was no fire, Narcisi said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Cops: Man shoots 11-year-old with BB gun; boy is critical
- Pirates reassign Liz to make roster room for Morton
- Acme man’s ephemeral sculptures appear to defy laws of physics
- Memorial Day service in National Cemetery of the Alleghenies still growing
- A family’s flag flies again in Mt. Pleasant
- Book details secret to Pirates’ turnaround
- Steelers interested in playing internationally again
- Couple attempts theft at North Huntingdon Wal-Mart
- Wrong-way driver causes head-on crash in Center
- So Many Questions: Filmmaker Ash Avildsen says love can be just a swipe away
- New management breathes life into Upper St. Clair office park