Small explosion at West Deer winery injures cook
A small explosion injured a cook who was trying to light a stove at the restaurant at Narcisi Winery in West Deer, the owner of the winery said Sunday.
The incident happened after 9 p.m. Saturday “It was a very small explosion, but enough that it got people's attention,” said Randy Narcisi, owner of the winery.
He said the unidentified employee was taken to a hospital with a minor injury. Firefighters responded, but there was no fire, Narcisi said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bodies of Kochu, Gray found in Ohio River in West Virginia
- West Mifflin Area to sue for tuition reimbursement
- North Buffalo man charged with distributing child porn
- Armstrong schools put television programming online
- Penguins’ protracted slump continues with 5-2 loss at Carolina
- Police end standoff with New Kensington man
- Narduzzi set to begin more critical evaluations during Pitt football spring drills
- European carriers lack 2-person cockpit rule in place in U.S.
- Pittsburgh angles to keep Heinz headquarters in merger
- Women to stand trial in theft of drugs from Norwin Pharmacy
- Energy Department OKs loan of $259M to Alcoa to promote clean energy