Small explosion at West Deer winery injures cook
A small explosion injured a cook who was trying to light a stove at the restaurant at Narcisi Winery in West Deer, the owner of the winery said Sunday.
The incident happened after 9 p.m. Saturday “It was a very small explosion, but enough that it got people's attention,” said Randy Narcisi, owner of the winery.
He said the unidentified employee was taken to a hospital with a minor injury. Firefighters responded, but there was no fire, Narcisi said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jerome Bettis to be enshrined in hall of fame
- Tennessee quarterback Peterman considers transfer to Pitt
- Suggestions are aplenty on what Penguins need to break through
- Westmoreland museum spotlights artist John Kane’s late-in-life fame
- Pitt upsets No. 8 Notre Dame to snap losing streak
- Starkey: Pitt needs this version of James Robinson
- Gulls fleeing frozen Great Lakes fill skies over Pittsburgh’s Point
- City crews getting ready for winter storm expected Sunday, Monday
- Penguins minor league notebook: Rookie Wilson emerges as 3rd-line NHL prospect
- Rossi: History beckons for Seattle’s Seahawks
- Familiar Downtown Pittsburgh presence lost arm, leg to train