Small explosion at West Deer winery injures cook
A small explosion injured a cook who was trying to light a stove at the restaurant at Narcisi Winery in West Deer, the owner of the winery said Sunday.
The incident happened after 9 p.m. Saturday “It was a very small explosion, but enough that it got people's attention,” said Randy Narcisi, owner of the winery.
He said the unidentified employee was taken to a hospital with a minor injury. Firefighters responded, but there was no fire, Narcisi said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- DUI checkpoints take on dangerous drivers
- Roundup: Mazda recalls cars to fix tire pressure monitors; Wal-Mart’s top merchant out as key holiday nears; more
- No. 15 San Diego State hammers Pitt, 74-57
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- Cancer didn’t stop mother from living for her son
- Woman sought in robbery in Unity
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- U.S. Steel Tower tenants stand to benefit from company’s relocation
- Lower gasoline prices fail to spur consumer spending
- FDA rule to require chain restaurants to post calorie counts
- Grease in Youngwood sewer system prompts another look at rule