Two shot in McKeesport, North Versailles
Two people were shot, one fatally, in apparently unrelated incidents Sunday night in McKeesport and North Versailles, Allegheny County Police said.
The first shooting happened about 5:30 p.m. in the Harrison Village housing complex off Market Street, said Sgt. Scott Scherer. One victim, whom the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office identified as Anthony Robertson, 37, of McKeesport, died at UPMC McKeesport at 6:12 p.m.
Police did not have a suspect in custody, but believed the shooting might have been related to another shooting last week in Duquesne.
The second shooting took place about 5:45 outside the Cliffview Apartments on Ice Plant Hill Road in North Versailles.
The victim, a 17-year-old male, was walking away from the apartment complex when he was stopped by another male with a gun in an apparent robbery, Scherer said. Neighbors said the victim ran back toward the apartments between a wooded area and a playground as the suspect shot at him; the victim was struck at least once.
The suspect ran away but was taken into custody by North Versailles police. The victim was transported to a hospital in serious but non-life-threatening condition, Scherer said.
Add Matthew Santoni to your Google+ circles.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t ask for taunting clarification from league
- Pirates win bidding for Korean infielder
- Worker at Mercer County center accused of illegal sexual contact with juveniles
- Leon Ford’s civil rights lawsuit can proceed, judge rules
- Tunisian election of political veteran Essebsi a return to regime
- Mars Area School District contends it was right to expel student with behavioral problems
- Razor blade thief being sought by state police in Indiana
- Audit of Allegheny County Jail health provider says money being wasted, inmates at risk
- Ex-Russian official warns of ‘full-fledged crisis’
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Stocks push to record highs, continuing rally