Man wounded in shooting in Knoxville
A man was shot and wounded Monday night in Knoxville.
Police and paramedics were called around 11 p.m. to the 100 block of Zara Street for the report of a man shot in the leg. The man, who was taken to the hospital, did not appear to have life-threatening injuries, city police told dispatchers.
No other information about the shooting was available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates notebook: Taillon headed for surgery, Richard traded
- City police investigate death in Squirrel Hill
- Newest Penguin Kessel’s unique shot is what makes him so special
- Russian winger Plotnikov could join Penguins in August
- Tiny black weevils booming in W.Pa.
- Ex-teammates say Kessel unfairly criticized
- Fun-seekers won’t let a Pittsburgh regatta without races get them down
- Hazlewood man shot in Homestead
- Connellsville, Mt. Pleasant fireworks postponed until Sunday
- America’s path to freedom reflected in region’s numerous historic sites
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Indians, July 4, 2015