Pedestrian killed in Ellsworth hit-and-run
State police are investigating a fatal motor vehicle accident in Washington County.
Troopers were called at 8:45 p.m. Friday for the crash that occurred along South Main Street in the community of Ellsworth, near Bentleyville.
No other information was immediately available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Kang’s 9th-inning home run gives Pirates wild victory over Twins
- School credit ratings a problem for several in Western Pennsylvania
- Rossi: ‘Hockey guy’ Sutter will be missed
- Festival to fill Pittsburgh’s ‘biggest hall’ with vintage arcade games
- Steelers’ Wheaton adjusting his game moving to slot receiver
- Penguins trade Sutter to Canucks, sign free agent center Fehr
- Pregnant woman killed by gunfire in Brighton Heights, other shootings reported in city
- Pirates notebook: Prospect Tucker unaware of ‘trade’ frenzy
- Roundup: SuperValu may spin off Save-A-Lot into separate company; Acrobatiq raises $9.75M in funding; more
- EPA ordered to ease limits on cross-border air pollution that involves Pennsylvania
- Sutter: Staal effect felt on 3rd line with Penguins