Boat sinks at Beaver County Regatta
Beaver Falls rescue divers had to recover an unoccupied racing boat that sank Sunday at the annual Beaver County Regatta, authorities said.
No one was aboard when the boat sank prior to one of the races, so regatta officials ran them around it and waited until later to recover it, said firefighters at Beaver Falls City Station 11, where the dive team is based.
Chief Mark Stowe put out a request for more divers and equipment to help with the task, but the three divers on-duty at the regatta were able to attach a hook to the sunken boat so it could be raised.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dollars and sense: High cost of child care keeps many out of work force
- Reissue of book of album covers by Andy Warhol shows many sides of his art
- Woman hurt in fall from Harmar riverbank
- Federal judge rules oil and gas lease for Washington County tract is valid
- Former Cal U football player cleared of assault charges sues university, police, prosecutor
- Pa. House speaker says overriding Wolf’s budget veto ‘an option’
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger desires to be ‘Pittsburgh guy’
- Watering that garden right during summer’s high temperatures makes a difference
- Rough ride for anti-Uber politicians
- Higher hotel tax will benefit Pittsburgh
- Penguins to appear on national TV 18 times in 2015-16