Boat sinks at Beaver County Regatta
Beaver Falls rescue divers had to recover an unoccupied racing boat that sank Sunday at the annual Beaver County Regatta, authorities said.
No one was aboard when the boat sank prior to one of the races, so regatta officials ran them around it and waited until later to recover it, said firefighters at Beaver Falls City Station 11, where the dive team is based.
Chief Mark Stowe put out a request for more divers and equipment to help with the task, but the three divers on-duty at the regatta were able to attach a hook to the sunken boat so it could be raised.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates analyst Kent Tekulve recovering after heart transplant
- Steelers veteran defenders want young teammates to step up
- New approach on offense has Pirates in playoff contention this season
- Pitt football coach Chryst refutes analyst Wannstedt’s opinion
- Wheel separation incidents can prove deadly; NTSB doesn’t track them
- Man found shot dead in Penn Hills
- Woman killed in crash on Birmingham Bridge
- Steelers’ Brown combats disruptive defensive ploys
- Woman killed after car hits tree in Norvelt
- Police investigate Hempfield fight
- Crosby appreciates his relationship with Penguins fans