Boat sinks at Beaver County Regatta
Beaver Falls rescue divers had to recover an unoccupied racing boat that sank Sunday at the annual Beaver County Regatta, authorities said.
No one was aboard when the boat sank prior to one of the races, so regatta officials ran them around it and waited until later to recover it, said firefighters at Beaver Falls City Station 11, where the dive team is based.
Chief Mark Stowe put out a request for more divers and equipment to help with the task, but the three divers on-duty at the regatta were able to attach a hook to the sunken boat so it could be raised.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Burnett pitches well in farewell, but Pirates lose to Reds
- Steelers cut Scobee, sign free agent kicker Boswell
- Anxiety pervades town built by Volkswagen during emissions-cheating scandal
- Cameron in throes of leave-the-EU movement in Britain
- Four downs: Williams brothers on the rise
- Are Pirates better positioned to win it all this postseason?
- More employers adopt generous leave policies
- Kessel addition, better health could have Pens scoring like it’s 1990s
- Girl battling cancer scratches item off bucket list with PNC Park trip
- Pirates fans on edge as season again coming down to wild card
- New book credits Nunn for Steelers’ 1970s success