Boat sinks at Beaver County Regatta
Beaver Falls rescue divers had to recover an unoccupied racing boat that sank Sunday at the annual Beaver County Regatta, authorities said.
No one was aboard when the boat sank prior to one of the races, so regatta officials ran them around it and waited until later to recover it, said firefighters at Beaver Falls City Station 11, where the dive team is based.
Chief Mark Stowe put out a request for more divers and equipment to help with the task, but the three divers on-duty at the regatta were able to attach a hook to the sunken boat so it could be raised.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates rout Cardinals to keep things interesting in NL Central
- Montour kicker comes through in win over Central Valley
- Yukon pet shelter, ex-leader battle over electricity shutoff
- LaBar: Best next opponent for Brock Lesnar
- Steelers remain confident in defense
- Connellsville football starts strong before succumbing to McKeesport
- Pirates reliever Liz new, improved
- Seton-La Salle star WR starts fast in lopsided victory over South Park
- Mars’ offensive stars shine in 35-6 win over Indiana
- Uniontown sex offender wants lewdness charges dropped
- Save big money with comparable model of vehicle