Turnpike E-Zpass express lanes to close temporarily in Warrendale this week
The eastbound express E-ZPass lanes at the Warrendale Toll Plaza will be closed 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, and the westbound lanes will be closed 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, according to the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission.
The lanes are for E-ZPass customers and allow travel at normal highway speeds.
E-ZPass customers can still pay electronically at conventional E-ZPass lanes, which have a speed limit of 5 mph.
The closure is needed so that workers can perform routine maintenance on the electronic toll equipment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers trim roster to 75
- Steelers trade 6th-round pick for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- Steelers WR Bryant’s suspension upheld
- Injured DT Render missing from Pitt depth chart
- Union looks to keep working at U.S. Steel, ArcelorMittal through contract expiration
- No certainty for Pirates’ call-up veterans
- 3 from Allegheny County charged with Medicaid fraud
- Allegheny County prosecutors to retry arsonist convicted of setting deadly 1995 Valentine’s Day fire
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers
- LaBar: Sting making history fighting for WWE title
- Aliquippa RB Bronaugh to miss season after cancer diagnosis