Turnpike E-Zpass express lanes to close temporarily in Warrendale this week
The eastbound express E-ZPass lanes at the Warrendale Toll Plaza will be closed 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, and the westbound lanes will be closed 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, according to the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission.
The lanes are for E-ZPass customers and allow travel at normal highway speeds.
E-ZPass customers can still pay electronically at conventional E-ZPass lanes, which have a speed limit of 5 mph.
The closure is needed so that workers can perform routine maintenance on the electronic toll equipment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2 found dead in Harrison home
- Mother, baby found dead in Millvale apartment
- Steelers sign former ACC Player of the Year Boyd for QB depth
- Polamalu could be next in long line of Steelers greats given unceremonial exit
- Accident near Highland Park Bridge backs up Route 28 traffic
- Route 422 closed after serious accident in Kittanning Township
- Allegheny County Controller candidates quarrel 2 days before Dem endorsement vote
- Wolf reverses Corbett, says deal between Highmark, UPMC doesn’t limit continuity of care to very ill
- WPIAL heavyweights take 3 spots in PIAA Class AA semifinals
- Legal opinion clears way for Pa. distributors to sell beer 12-packs
- Westmoreland County recorder of deeds seeking 2nd term