Wexford man charged in sex case
A preliminary hearing is scheduled next week for a Wexford man accused of posting an online advertisement seeking to “join an incest family” and traveling to a motel in Moon where he was supposed to meet what he thought was an 11-year-old girl and her parents.
Daniel Schulties, 23, was arrested on charges of attempted rape of a child, unlawful contact with a child and related crimes on Saturday after arriving at the motel, state prosecutors said on Monday. He was released on his own recognizance to await an Aug. 26 hearing.
Schulties is accused of sending nude pictures of himself to the purported family members who actually was a state agent working undercover, prosecutors said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Kang story of the year for Pirates
- Penguins GM Rutherford ‘wouldn’t make’ Despres trade today
- Healthy defensive back Mitchell eager for 2nd season with Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Blake gets outside shot in nickel
- Pirates use big 7th inning to sweep Marlins, stretch winning streak
- Plum teacher, held for trial, vows to fight witness intimidation charge
- Judge lashes UPMC, Highmark in consent decree violation hearing
- Emergency crews search Youghiogheny River in Layton for Charleroi man
- IRS cybersecurity breach touches lives of homebuyers, others
- Tenant charged in fire that destroyed Latrobe apartment house
- Project aims to control feral cat population in Pittsburgh area