Wexford man charged in sex case
A preliminary hearing is scheduled next week for a Wexford man accused of posting an online advertisement seeking to “join an incest family” and traveling to a motel in Moon where he was supposed to meet what he thought was an 11-year-old girl and her parents.
Daniel Schulties, 23, was arrested on charges of attempted rape of a child, unlawful contact with a child and related crimes on Saturday after arriving at the motel, state prosecutors said on Monday. He was released on his own recognizance to await an Aug. 26 hearing.
Schulties is accused of sending nude pictures of himself to the purported family members who actually was a state agent working undercover, prosecutors said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Ferrante defense says arrest of prosecutor’s boyfriend could affect case
- Pa. Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- Bortuzzo could provide much-needed physical presence for Penguins
- Natrona Bottling Co. keeps soda pop operation small, putting effort into craft, taste