Wexford man charged in sex case
A preliminary hearing is scheduled next week for a Wexford man accused of posting an online advertisement seeking to “join an incest family” and traveling to a motel in Moon where he was supposed to meet what he thought was an 11-year-old girl and her parents.
Daniel Schulties, 23, was arrested on charges of attempted rape of a child, unlawful contact with a child and related crimes on Saturday after arriving at the motel, state prosecutors said on Monday. He was released on his own recognizance to await an Aug. 26 hearing.
Schulties is accused of sending nude pictures of himself to the purported family members who actually was a state agent working undercover, prosecutors said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: Sting making history fighting for WWE title
- Duquesne-based Phyllis Wheatley Literary Society honors black officers at annual Law Enforcers Salute
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers
- No certainty for Pirates’ call-up veterans
- Lessons at Legion give learners tools to swing onto dance floor
- Record-holding female motorcyclist to speak at Lincoln Highway event
- Rossi: Continuing legend of Pirate Ray
- White lion Prince dies at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
- Morton inconsistent, Pirates’ bats go quiet in 5-0 loss to Rockies
- Brashear cornerback Coleman picks Pitt
- Survey finds no clear fix to achieving racial diversity in Westmoreland County