Wexford man charged in sex case
A preliminary hearing is scheduled next week for a Wexford man accused of posting an online advertisement seeking to “join an incest family” and traveling to a motel in Moon where he was supposed to meet what he thought was an 11-year-old girl and her parents.
Daniel Schulties, 23, was arrested on charges of attempted rape of a child, unlawful contact with a child and related crimes on Saturday after arriving at the motel, state prosecutors said on Monday. He was released on his own recognizance to await an Aug. 26 hearing.
Schulties is accused of sending nude pictures of himself to the purported family members who actually was a state agent working undercover, prosecutors said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins’ Letang leaves hospital, ‘day-to-day’ with concussion
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Starkey: Next frontier for Steelers offense
- Building damaged, no injuries after Fayette recycling center fire
- Shortfalls sabotage promise of union retirees’ pensions
- Pirates pitchers finding success with expanded strike zone
- Mt. Lebanon native, Iraq war hero’s action goes unrewarded
- South Side house part of former Steeler’s end game
- Alvarez latest in Pirates’ revolving door at first base
- Pitt’s Amara offers Vision of hope
- From sticks to pucks, Mt. Pleasant collector wields power of the Pens