Man shot to death in Homewood
City homicide detectives are investigating the fatal shooting of a man Thursday night in Homewood.
Paramedics and police were called to North Dunfermline Street shortly before 10 p.m. for the report of a man down, bleeding from the head. When paramedics arrived, they found the man dead in a nearby alley.
“I can confirm there is a black male found fatally shot on Annan Way,” police spokeswoman Sonya M. Toler said. She said he had been shot in the head.
No other information was immediately available.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Bell says he’s prepared to test Chiefs defense
- Pitt survives Oakland’s upset bid with 81-77 overtime victory
- Game Commission aims to settle controversy through study
- Pair of NYC officers killed in ambush shooting
- Star Hayward enjoys go-to role for St. Francis (Pa.)
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Frye: Early peek at 2015 seasons
- 3 charged in East Deer home invasion
- Penguins missing Martin, Ehrhoff, Adams; prized prospect Pouliot called up
- ‘Collector’ exhibit shows another side of famed photographer Michals
- Service with a smile: Win at gift-giving with in-home indulgences