Authorities investigate fatal Butler County car-motorcycle acident
One person died in a traffic collision Friday on Route 8 in Middlesex, Butler County emergency dispatchers said.
The collision involved a motorcycle and car around 1:50 p.m., near the Allegheny-Butler county line.
One person was transported from the accident scene to UPMC Passavant-Cranberry, dispatchers said. Additional information wasn't immediately available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- MLB notebook: Pujols agrees to compete in Home Run Derby
- Pirates notebook: Kang settling in to comfort zone
- Suspended Maryland wide receiver eyeing Pitt
- Greensburg expected to fill two vacancies
- Motorcycle club members plead to conspiracy charges
- Policy to suspend employees with felony charges does not apply to Kane
- Mother of Wilkinsburg toddler found dead in ravine charged with her murder
- Starkey: Burnett writing incredible final chapter
- Subway suspends ties with spokesman after raid at home
- Greece gets one more breath from EU
- Gameday: Pirates vs. San Diego Padres, June 8, 2015