Pittsburgh paramedics treat 38 people at Stage AE concert
City paramedics were busy Tuesday evening treating dozens of people for heat exhaustion at a concert at Stage AE.
Thirty-eight people required treatment during the concert by Austin Mahone and others at the North Shore venue, city Public Safety Department spokeswoman Sonya M. Toler said. Of those, seven adults and a 14-year-old girl required hospital treatment, she said.
It was 78 at 8 p.m. at the National Weather Service station in Moon and the dew point remained pretty steady at 65, said meteorologist Rodney Smith.
“A dew point of 65 is relatively high but nothing extraordinary,” Smith said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Power play shines in Penguins’ victory
- Steelers not limiting themselves in free agency
- Icy roads cause multiple vehicle accidents Sunday evening
- Two jailed after brawl in Washington County
- Duquesne University football player died by suicide
- North Allegheny runners capture indoor state titles
- Rossi: Pirates must pay for Mr. Right
- National Weather Service predicts up to 7 inches of snow before Sunday night
- Coyotes proliferate despite year-round hunting
- Pitt women end regular season with win over Clemson
- Arrogant media elites mock Middle America