Pittsburgh paramedics treat 38 people at Stage AE concert
City paramedics were busy Tuesday evening treating dozens of people for heat exhaustion at a concert at Stage AE.
Thirty-eight people required treatment during the concert by Austin Mahone and others at the North Shore venue, city Public Safety Department spokeswoman Sonya M. Toler said. Of those, seven adults and a 14-year-old girl required hospital treatment, she said.
It was 78 at 8 p.m. at the National Weather Service station in Moon and the dew point remained pretty steady at 65, said meteorologist Rodney Smith.
“A dew point of 65 is relatively high but nothing extraordinary,” Smith said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates pitcher Morton turns in solid performance in win over Marlins
- Pirates notebook: Morton’s return to Pirates means Liz leaves
- ‘Voice of Pittsburgh’ was proud of Mon Valley roots
- Cops: Man shoots 11-year-old with BB gun in McKeesport; boy critical
- With space to spare, Pittsburgh International draws corporate jet carrier
- Accident at West Virginia’s Cheat Lake sends boaters to hospital
- Theft thwarted by employee at North Huntingdon Wal-Mart
- Westmoreland Veterans’ Monument unveiled, rededicated in Greensburg
- Previewing the the 2015 WPIAL baseball championships
- Consistency keeps Cellone’s Bakery customers coming back
- CMU, Pittsburgh’s Surtrac program aims to ease traffic congestion