Police search Level Green area for bank robber
Penn Township police are searching for the man who robbed the Manor Bank branch along Route 130 in Level Green on Wednesday afternoon and ran into a wooded hillside across the highway.
Penn Township police Chief John Otto said the suspect displayed a handgun when he held up the bank at the Level Green Shoppes at 3:45 p.m. and fled with an undetermined amount of money. No one was hurt during the robbery, Otto said.
Otto described the robber as a white man in his 20s, about 5 feet 10 inches tall. He was wearing a grey hooded jersey with a white mask on his face and sunglasses when he demanded the money.
Township police were assisted by the Murrysville K-9 Argos in searching the wooded area off Pansy Lane.
Laura Demko, manager of Giuseppe's Cafe, also in Level Green Shoppes, said she had gone into the bank shortly before the robbery and did not see the suspect enter.
“I'm glad I missed it,” Demko said.
Demko said she spoke to a woman who saw the suspect leave the bank as she drove up to the UPMC Partners in Health office at the plaza.
Joe Napsha is a staff writerwith Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Holocaust survivor shares his story again
- Ramp dedicated to slain McKeesport officer’s memory
- Shelter’s spat with YCC is delayed
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- ROAD RULES
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire