Man shoots at Pittsburgh police, arrested in East Liberty
A gunman was captured Wednesday afternoon a few minutes after shooting at city police, Pittsburgh Public Safety Department spokeswoman Sonya Toler said.
Police were called to the 200 block of Amber Street in East Liberty, where they became involved in a foot chase with the gunman at 5:18 p.m., Toler said. The gunman fired shots at the officers, but no one was wounded, she said.
The gunman ran into a personal care home, where he was captured by a K-9 officer at 5:23 p.m., Toler said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- Stop neighbors from stealing your Internet
- Chief justice revokes Feudale’s senior judge status
- Settlements in the Sandusky scandal up to nearly $93 million for Penn State
- 5 hospitalized when family’s SUV runs off Route 51 in Rostraver
- Steelers plan to use smart pass rush against Seattle QB Wilson
- Penguins 4th line is showing promise
- 5 injured in Route 51 crash in Rostraver
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive
- Police arrest man in Homestead bank robbery
- Pittsburgh police deliver 2,500 Thanksgiving meals through program