Wounded man found in store parking lot in North Side
City police are trying to determine exactly what happened to a man found down Wednesday night in a parking lot on the North Side.
Paramedics were called at 8:16 p.m. to the Family Dollar store in the 1200 block of Brighton Road for a report of a man down in the parking lot with an unknown medical condition, emergency dispatchers were told. When the man was being examined in the emergency room at Allegheny General Hospital, they found what appeared to be a bullet wound to the head and called police.
City homicide detectives were summoned because the man was reported in critical condition.
“This is a mystery. There is no evidence of a shooting ... at the scene,” Toler said in an email. “The original 911 report was a man having a seizure ... We are waiting for the hospital to determine what happened to the man.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Slain St. Clair officer walked into ‘worst nightmare’ for police
- 2,200 union employees of ATI lose coverage
- Increasing player salaries pinch financial flexibility of Pirates
- 7 percent in Allegheny County able to carry concealed gun
- Film session: Long shots dotted Steelers’ passing game
- Steelers receiver Wheaton takes advantage of opportunity in breakout game
- Penguins’ reshuffled top line of Crosby, Dupuis, Kunitz looks familiar
- Eastern Pa. man jailed in Armstrong County
- Steelers notebook: Bryant confident in backup Jones if Big Ben can’t play