Wounded man found in store parking lot in North Side
City police are trying to determine exactly what happened to a man found down Wednesday night in a parking lot on the North Side.
Paramedics were called at 8:16 p.m. to the Family Dollar store in the 1200 block of Brighton Road for a report of a man down in the parking lot with an unknown medical condition, emergency dispatchers were told. When the man was being examined in the emergency room at Allegheny General Hospital, they found what appeared to be a bullet wound to the head and called police.
City homicide detectives were summoned because the man was reported in critical condition.
“This is a mystery. There is no evidence of a shooting ... at the scene,” Toler said in an email. “The original 911 report was a man having a seizure ... We are waiting for the hospital to determine what happened to the man.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Defensive lineman commits to PSU during campus visit
- Crosby, Malkin dazzle fellow All-Stars
- Starkey: Rinaldo doesn’t belong in NHL
- 30 Filipino police commandos killed in clash with rebels
- Lure of tuition aid, gifts draw college students to ‘sugar daddy’ sites
- Woman killed in Washington Township crash
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- ‘I almost left here’ says Highland Park woman who contracted flesh-eating bacteria
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers
- Power 5 conferences’ paying cost of attendance worries schools large and small
- Former athletes open businesses