Worker driving vehicle hurt at Pittsburgh International Airport
A worker at Pittsburgh International Airport was seriously injured in an accident Tuesday night, airport spokeswoman JoAnn Jenny said.
The woman was operating a vehicle that pulls and positions planes on the apron around the terminal when the accident occurred at 8:56 p.m., Jenny said. Emergency personnel responded and took the woman to Allegheny General Hospital in the North Side.
Jenny said she had no information about the circumstances of the accident.
No planes or passengers were involved in the incident that occurred outside Gate D79 of the airside terminal, Jenny said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reagan shooter Hinckley closer to permanent freedom
- Van crashes into deck in Scott, motorist taken to hospital
- Pitt football notebook: ‘No. 1 safety’ Mitchell asked to step up
- Cole overcomes rough start as Pirates sweep Brewers
- Steelers won’t be backed into a corner at NFL Draft
- U.S. attorney general nominee Lynch vote likely this week, U.S. senator says
- Pirates notebook: GM sticking to plan with Kang
- Daily Courier Roundup: Southmoreland baseball rolls past Derry
- Monessen man wounded in afternoon shooting
- Editorial cartoons April 20-26, 2015
- Service marks 20 years since Oklahoma City bombing