Worker driving vehicle hurt at Pittsburgh International Airport
A worker at Pittsburgh International Airport was seriously injured in an accident Tuesday night, airport spokeswoman JoAnn Jenny said.
The woman was operating a vehicle that pulls and positions planes on the apron around the terminal when the accident occurred at 8:56 p.m., Jenny said. Emergency personnel responded and took the woman to Allegheny General Hospital in the North Side.
Jenny said she had no information about the circumstances of the accident.
No planes or passengers were involved in the incident that occurred outside Gate D79 of the airside terminal, Jenny said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates trade Davis to A’s for international signing bonus money
- NFL parity makes playoff chase a multi-team muddle
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Pitt notebook: Chryst keeps Panthers motivated amid adversity
- Finding balance between toughness, excessiveness key for Penguins’ Downie
- Arizona’s Miller gets boost from Char Valley grad’s play
- CT scans can find smokers’ lung cancer early
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Martial arts tournament in Marshall fierce, yet friendly
- Stores creating Thanksgiving dine-and-dash dilemma