Worker driving vehicle hurt at Pittsburgh International Airport
A worker at Pittsburgh International Airport was seriously injured in an accident Tuesday night, airport spokeswoman JoAnn Jenny said.
The woman was operating a vehicle that pulls and positions planes on the apron around the terminal when the accident occurred at 8:56 p.m., Jenny said. Emergency personnel responded and took the woman to Allegheny General Hospital in the North Side.
Jenny said she had no information about the circumstances of the accident.
No planes or passengers were involved in the incident that occurred outside Gate D79 of the airside terminal, Jenny said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers re-sign WR Heyward-Bey to 1-year deal
- Alone at controls, co-pilot sought to ‘destroy’ the plane
- Pitt adds quarterback recruit from Cincinnati
- 3 names removed from Springdale ballot
- Allegheny DA to seek death penalty in Crawford Village homicide
- OSHA fines East Deer company in aftermath of worker’s electrocution
- Aliquippa student caught bringing gun to school
- Washington County probation officer sues for being fired after talking to investigators
- Ford City woman injured in crash
- Conventions for barbershop quartets, police, veterans visiting Pittsburgh in 2015
- Pittsburgh abortion clinic buffer zone fight moves to appeals court