1 person killed in motorcycle accident in Fayette County
A section of National Pike Road near Farmington was closed for several hours Thursday night following a fatal motorcycle accident at 6:11 p.m.
A Fayette County 911 supervisor said one person was dead and a second person was taken to Uniontown Hospital.
Uniontown state police are investigating the accident. Additional information was not available Thursday night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Lawyer: Steelers center Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July fracas
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- Truck wreck closes Saxonburg Boulevard in West Deer
- Wanted sex offender caught hiding in homemade fort in Burgettstown
- Injured Pitt center Rowell plays well-rounded role on campus
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- Testing legs, giving backup goalie a chance are Penguins’ priorities
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- Wanted sex offender was hiding in homemade fort