Newsmaker: Dr. Joan Such Lockhart
Noteworthy: Lockhart is one of 32 people this year to be named a fellow by the National League for Nursing's Academy of Nursing Education. She was inducted as a fellow this month at the league's annual gathering of nurse educators in Anaheim, Calif.
Residence: Stanton Heights
Family: Significant other, Ray McGill, and a sister, Emillie Such.
Occupation: Professor and associate dean of Duquesne University's School of Nursing.
Background: Lockhart has taught in all of the nursing school's undergraduate and graduate programs during the past 25 years. She now oversees daily operations and academic programs at the School of Nursing.
Education: She is a graduate of the former Presbyterian Hospital School of Nursing. She earned her bachelor's, master's and doctorate at the University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing.
Quote: "It's a very huge honor to be recognized by the National League for Nursing. To be recognized for contributions to nursing education is just an outstanding reward to receive."
- Bob Bauder
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Americans in N. Korea beg U.S. for help as trials on vague charges draw near
- Authorities identify man killed in second Northview Heights shooting
- Bus detours set for weekend East Busway construction
- Pitt’s new chancellor Gallagher to continue broad role at school
- Beloved teacher at 3 Western Pa. schools hears from students across nation
- Port Authority T line service to detour in South Hills this weekend
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- Oakland eatery Fuel & Fuddle to reopen under new owners
- 2 sentenced for avoiding arrest after Steelers player was stabbed
- Liberty Tunnel set to close; other highway projects around Pittsburgh also to start
- Victim identified in Pleasant Hills apartment fire