Newsmaker: Jamie L. McConaha
Noteworthy: McConaha was named the 2012 Distinguished Young Pharmacist of the Year in Pennsylvania during the recent meeting of the Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association. The award, sponsored by Pharmacists Mutual Cos., is given annually to a pharmacist in each state for individual excellence and outstanding contributions in state pharmacy association activities and community affairs and in professional practice.
Family: Husband, Michael
Occupation: Assistant professor of pharmacy practice in Duquesne University's Mylan School of Pharmacy, where she is also is a clinical pharmacist. She is also a certified geriatric practitioner.
Education: Graduated with a doctorate in pharmacy in 2007 from the Mylan school, and completed her academic teaching and research fellowship at Duquesne between 2007 and 2009.
Quote: “This award was especially rewarding because it represents recognition by my peers across the state.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trib real estate writer Spatter ‘worked right to the end’
- Pittsburgh councilwoman proposes rules for protecting dogs from extreme weather
- Pa. Medicaid growth in tug of war between departing Governor Corbett, incoming Wolf
- Newsmaker: Irene H. Frieze
- Ambridge police chief went undercover in attempt to catch person who robbed 2 people at knifepoint
- No federal funds to help enforce Pa. ban on texting by drivers
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- Allegheny County Council wants to hike members’ $3K expense accounts
- U.S. Steel Tower tenants stand to benefit from company’s relocation
- Allegheny County will stop asking about employees’ criminal history, Fitzgerald says
- Brentwood police chief to get nearly $200K as part of settlement agreement with borough