Newsmaker: Jamie L. McConaha
By Bill Vidonic
Published: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Saturday, October 13, 2012
Noteworthy: McConaha was named the 2012 Distinguished Young Pharmacist of the Year in Pennsylvania during the recent meeting of the Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association. The award, sponsored by Pharmacists Mutual Cos., is given annually to a pharmacist in each state for individual excellence and outstanding contributions in state pharmacy association activities and community affairs and in professional practice.
Family: Husband, Michael
Occupation: Assistant professor of pharmacy practice in Duquesne University's Mylan School of Pharmacy, where she is also is a clinical pharmacist. She is also a certified geriatric practitioner.
Education: Graduated with a doctorate in pharmacy in 2007 from the Mylan school, and completed her academic teaching and research fellowship at Duquesne between 2007 and 2009.
Quote: “This award was especially rewarding because it represents recognition by my peers across the state.”
- County executive: Allegheny risks losing millions with delayed decision on park drilling
- Newsmaker: Tom Lopus
- Congressmen: VA Pittsburgh ignored requests for Legionnaires’ records
- National study: College teacher training is ‘industry of mediocrity’
- University of Pittsburgh researchers close to preventing tinnitus
- South Park model car designers team head to world competition
- Shaler Area teachers plan strike unless deal reached
- Potential payday exists for drilling in Allegheny County parks
- Small communication firms target system
- Land trust tries to raise money to connect park land in Sewickley Heights and Sewickley Hills
- Congressional awards honor 3 Western Pa. teenagers’ achievements
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.