Newsmaker: Jamie L. McConaha
Noteworthy: McConaha was named the 2012 Distinguished Young Pharmacist of the Year in Pennsylvania during the recent meeting of the Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association. The award, sponsored by Pharmacists Mutual Cos., is given annually to a pharmacist in each state for individual excellence and outstanding contributions in state pharmacy association activities and community affairs and in professional practice.
Family: Husband, Michael
Occupation: Assistant professor of pharmacy practice in Duquesne University's Mylan School of Pharmacy, where she is also is a clinical pharmacist. She is also a certified geriatric practitioner.
Education: Graduated with a doctorate in pharmacy in 2007 from the Mylan school, and completed her academic teaching and research fellowship at Duquesne between 2007 and 2009.
Quote: “This award was especially rewarding because it represents recognition by my peers across the state.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pa. gaming industry’s growth amplifies siren call for addicts
- Little Free Libraries catching on in Pittsburgh region
- Newsmaker: John F. Alcorn
- Lowly job likely awaits former Pittsburgh police chief after prison
- Motorist arrested for killing Colorado police cadet, injuring training officer
- Woman operating scooter struck by freight train dies in Coraopolis
- Under Armour latest tenant on Allegheny County Airport Authority property
- Feds want to seize cash, property from suspects in drug bust
- Pennsylvania Sen. Casey seeks to provide aid to repairing locally owned bridges
- Mixed-income apartments in flourishing East Liberty applauded
- Last-minute tweaks under way for Pittsburgh bike share