Burgettstown man dies in ATV crash
A Burgettstown man died after the all-terrain vehicle he was driving overturned in a pond in Smith, according to the Washington County Coroner's office.
Chad Culley, 39, was pronounced dead at 6:12 p.m. Tuesday, according a report from Coroner Timothy Warco.
At about 4:45 p.m., Culley had been driving his friend's ATV on the friend's property on Joffree-Bulgar Road, Warco said. He drove into a small pond, where the ATV overturned.
A passing driver found Culley in the water under the ATV, Warco said.
Culley died at the scene, Warco said.
His death has been ruled accidental, and an autopsy is pending.
The Smith Township Police Department is investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- State police probe trooper’s arrest at Pittsburgh wedding
- Unions warn of problems with referrals outside Veterans Affairs system
- Close vote expected on posting restaurant grades in Allegheny County
- University, Pittsburgh officials inspect student housing in Oakland
- Nearly 1 in 10 has had identity stolen, RMU poll finds
- Newsmaker: Master Sgt. Edward Altmeyer
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Pa. Monuments license plates revenue to help maintain Gettysburg monuments
- Pennsylvania amusement ride website leaves readers hanging
- Allegheny County’s crime lab ranks among world’s best
- Newsmaker: Rebecca Lane