Burgettstown man dies in ATV crash
A Burgettstown man died after the all-terrain vehicle he was driving overturned in a pond in Smith, according to the Washington County Coroner's office.
Chad Culley, 39, was pronounced dead at 6:12 p.m. Tuesday, according a report from Coroner Timothy Warco.
At about 4:45 p.m., Culley had been driving his friend's ATV on the friend's property on Joffree-Bulgar Road, Warco said. He drove into a small pond, where the ATV overturned.
A passing driver found Culley in the water under the ATV, Warco said.
Culley died at the scene, Warco said.
His death has been ruled accidental, and an autopsy is pending.
The Smith Township Police Department is investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- SUV rollover on Parkway East sends 2 to hospital
- Federal grand jury indicts man for operating illegal slaughterhouse in his Jefferson Hills home
- Mt. Lebanon awaits Pennsylvania Game Commission approval to corral, kill deer
- Blawnox couple jailed in woman’s alleged abuse of boyfriend’s child
- Pittsburgh to consider measure to give city employees 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Aging weather satellite may be leaving forecasters with a large blind spot
- Penn Hills water main break creates car-swallowing sinkhole
- Pipelines key to growth in shale industry
- Pittsburgh City Council unanimous in opposition to bill that would change how Pa. defines tax-exempt status
- 3-D images to help police in Western Pa. navigate terror, hostage scenes
- NTSB: Better oversight needed to prevent natural gas pipeline accidents