Burgettstown man dies in ATV crash
A Burgettstown man died after the all-terrain vehicle he was driving overturned in a pond in Smith, according to the Washington County Coroner's office.
Chad Culley, 39, was pronounced dead at 6:12 p.m. Tuesday, according a report from Coroner Timothy Warco.
At about 4:45 p.m., Culley had been driving his friend's ATV on the friend's property on Joffree-Bulgar Road, Warco said. He drove into a small pond, where the ATV overturned.
A passing driver found Culley in the water under the ATV, Warco said.
Culley died at the scene, Warco said.
His death has been ruled accidental, and an autopsy is pending.
The Smith Township Police Department is investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Allegheny County health officials call on retirement homes to stay vigilant on Legionella prevention
- Report linking field surface to cancer elicits Mt. Lebanon protest
- Unexpected work delays Allegheny County Health Department’s move into former morgue
- Pittsburgh’s Veterans Day parade moves to Saturday
- Move-in begins at new homes on site of Hill District housing project
- Newsmaker: Robert E. Neely
- VA promotion for administrator stuns legislator
- Parkway West off-ramps at Carnegie to close beginning Friday night
- Prosecutors say cyanide-death defendant Ferrante tested toxin on mice to gauge effect on human
- Water process eyed for 2 parks in Allegheny County
- Contempt citation sought by state against Highmark for alleged violation of deal with UPMC