Burgettstown man dies in ATV crash
A Burgettstown man died after the all-terrain vehicle he was driving overturned in a pond in Smith, according to the Washington County Coroner's office.
Chad Culley, 39, was pronounced dead at 6:12 p.m. Tuesday, according a report from Coroner Timothy Warco.
At about 4:45 p.m., Culley had been driving his friend's ATV on the friend's property on Joffree-Bulgar Road, Warco said. He drove into a small pond, where the ATV overturned.
A passing driver found Culley in the water under the ATV, Warco said.
Culley died at the scene, Warco said.
His death has been ruled accidental, and an autopsy is pending.
The Smith Township Police Department is investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Allegheny County adoption event joins 40 children with families
- Man’s death by runaway wheel on Route 28 ruled accident
- Emergency personnel contain fire at Whitehall apartment complex
- Cybersecurity experts warn Pittsburgh conference about dangers of hacking
- Newsmaker: Christopher W. Robinson
- Youngsters embrace technology that combines art, software in 3D printing
- Snow removal crews from Pennsylvania hit the road to help Buffalo
- Nude photos of Penn Hills High School students spur investigation
- 6 shot at Clairton speakeasy; police seek suspects
- WVU frat brothers charged with hazing pledges
- Allegheny County ethics policy revision prompts debate