Burgettstown man dies in ATV crash
A Burgettstown man died after the all-terrain vehicle he was driving overturned in a pond in Smith, according to the Washington County Coroner's office.
Chad Culley, 39, was pronounced dead at 6:12 p.m. Tuesday, according a report from Coroner Timothy Warco.
At about 4:45 p.m., Culley had been driving his friend's ATV on the friend's property on Joffree-Bulgar Road, Warco said. He drove into a small pond, where the ATV overturned.
A passing driver found Culley in the water under the ATV, Warco said.
Culley died at the scene, Warco said.
His death has been ruled accidental, and an autopsy is pending.
The Smith Township Police Department is investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- Beechview man arrested on child pornography charges
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships
- Pittsburgh photo exhibit shines light on ‘Good’ work
- Pittsburgh Trails Advocacy Group volunteers cut trail in South Park
- Proposal to limit access divides Penn Hills, Homewood neighborhoods
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Newsmaker: Thomas J. Usher
- Water process eyed for 2 parks in Allegheny County