Burgettstown man dies in ATV crash
A Burgettstown man died after the all-terrain vehicle he was driving overturned in a pond in Smith, according to the Washington County Coroner's office.
Chad Culley, 39, was pronounced dead at 6:12 p.m. Tuesday, according a report from Coroner Timothy Warco.
At about 4:45 p.m., Culley had been driving his friend's ATV on the friend's property on Joffree-Bulgar Road, Warco said. He drove into a small pond, where the ATV overturned.
A passing driver found Culley in the water under the ATV, Warco said.
Culley died at the scene, Warco said.
His death has been ruled accidental, and an autopsy is pending.
The Smith Township Police Department is investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Allegheny County Council will have new look
- Protest planned Monday at Plum Borough High School
- Forbes Avenue jeweler’s embedded sidewalk sign safely slides out to make way for Pittsburgh Playhouse project
- District 7 candidates for Pittsburgh council vow to protect poorer communities
- Senior at Pittsburgh’s CAPA school focuses spotlight on homeless students
- Poor infrastructure may hinder aid efforts in Nepal after earthquake
- Newsmakers: Danielle and Patrik McKain
- Body found on North Side
- It’s business, but not as usual in Pittsburgh
- TV ad to tout ex-controller Flaherty’s contributions
- Garfield business reaches out to raise $90K for fixes