Burgettstown man dies in ATV crash
Published: Wednesday, October 3, 2012, 11:26 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, October 3, 2012
A Burgettstown man died after the all-terrain vehicle he was driving overturned in a pond in Smith, according to the Washington County Coroner's office.
Chad Culley, 39, was pronounced dead at 6:12 p.m. Tuesday, according a report from Coroner Timothy Warco.
At about 4:45 p.m., Culley had been driving his friend's ATV on the friend's property on Joffree-Bulgar Road, Warco said. He drove into a small pond, where the ATV overturned.
A passing driver found Culley in the water under the ATV, Warco said.
Culley died at the scene, Warco said.
His death has been ruled accidental, and an autopsy is pending.
The Smith Township Police Department is investigating.
- VA said to defy calls for records
- Awards honor 3 teenagers’ achievements
- Newsmaker: Tom Lopus
- CDC takes didn’t ask, don’t tell us policy on Legionella bacteria at VA Pittsburgh before 2011
- Newsmaker: Jennifer Moss
- Civil War history hides in, around Pittsburgh
- South Park model car designers team head to world competition
- Annual Father’s Day run/walk raises money for free prostate screenings in Pittsburgh region
- Loyalhanna porn suspect says he was seeking his children
- State oversight authority demands update on Pittsburgh’s financial management system
- Corbett administration seeking assurances state won’t be left holding Medicaid bag
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.