Newsmaker: Lucille Underwood
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Noteworthy: Underwood recently was honored with the Red Cross Humanitarian Leadership award for her work with the Red Cross and other disaster relief agencies in Allegheny County.
Family: Husband Richard, 66; daughters Gretchen Underwood Schaefer, 35, and Danielle Kim, 31; son Richard Jr., 33.
Occupation: Assistant disaster coordinator for the Allegheny County Department of Human Services' Office of Behavioral Health.
Background: Underwood became the county's assistant disaster coordinator in 1997. Since then, she also has worked extensively for the Center for Victims, the Salvation Army and Allegheny County Emergency Services.
Education: Underwood earned a Bachelor of Arts in sociology from the University of Pittsburgh in 1971.
Quote: “I am very grateful to have this job. I meet the nicest people because they're people who are trying to help others through difficult situations. I think I am very fortunate to be allowed to do this.”
— Chris Togneri
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shale oil, gas drilling boom wins favor with labor unions, thwarting environmentalists
- Landslides put Baldwin firefighters in financial peril
- Population expansion in Western Pennsylvania hinges on immigrants
- Change in kidney allocation rules should help patients
- Catholic learning sessions to start in Pittsburgh
- Officials identify Chartiers shooting victim as Wilkinsburg man
- Newsmaker: James Lange
- Film tax credits bill would bump up state budget
- Patients nationwide die waiting as 1 in 5 kidneys rejected by doctors
- Bethel Park man to receive degree from Pitt he earned 64 years ago
- Bullied South Fayette student’s case prompts wiretap overhaul legislation