Newsmaker: Lucille Underwood
Noteworthy: Underwood recently was honored with the Red Cross Humanitarian Leadership award for her work with the Red Cross and other disaster relief agencies in Allegheny County.
Family: Husband Richard, 66; daughters Gretchen Underwood Schaefer, 35, and Danielle Kim, 31; son Richard Jr., 33.
Occupation: Assistant disaster coordinator for the Allegheny County Department of Human Services' Office of Behavioral Health.
Background: Underwood became the county's assistant disaster coordinator in 1997. Since then, she also has worked extensively for the Center for Victims, the Salvation Army and Allegheny County Emergency Services.
Education: Underwood earned a Bachelor of Arts in sociology from the University of Pittsburgh in 1971.
Quote: “I am very grateful to have this job. I meet the nicest people because they're people who are trying to help others through difficult situations. I think I am very fortunate to be allowed to do this.”
— Chris Togneri
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Gulls fleeing frozen Great Lakes fill skies over Pittsburgh’s Point
- CMU software eases task of mining prostitution ads
- New CEO eager to revitalize Pittsburgh International Airport
- Newsmaker: Ron Croushore
- 2nd lawsuit filed against Gov. Wolf seeking reinstatement of open records director
- Pittsburgh mayor denies ethics investigation into his ‘Undercover Boss’ performance
- Pa. Turnpike claims software fraud, wants $45M
- Police say couple in Oakland murder-suicide had ‘troubled’ relationship
- Goodell defends league, dodges difficult questions
- Charge against ex-Steeler dropped after community service
- Sting highlights demand for Pappy Van Winkle bourbon