Domestic dispute in Manchester leads police to 20 pounds of pot, marijuana growing operation
Officers responding to a domestic dispute discovered a marijuana-growing and distribution operation in Manchester, Pittsburgh police said.
Police charged Gerald Allen Sloan, 30, of Manchester with conspiracy, drug possession, simple assault and other crimes.
A witness called police about 6:20 p.m. Sunday after seeing Sloan argue with a woman, 24, and push her down the stairs of a home in the 1100 block of Pennsylvania Avenue, police said.
Sloan then attacked the witness, who defended himself and left to call police.
When officers arrived, the woman, who was bleeding from the mouth, said she fell down the stairs, and Sloan said he didn't do anything to her, police said.
Sloan told the officers no one else was in the home, but police went in to look and saw marijuana and drug paraphernalia in an upstairs bedroom, police said.
The officers got a search warrant and found about 20 pounds of marijuana, $3,698 in cash, equipment for growing marijuana and other drug paraphernalia, police said. Sloan had $1,226 in his pockets, police said.
The woman was taken to Allegheny General Hospital for treatment and also will face charges, police said.
Margaret Harding is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-8519 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Animal welfare groups see opportunities in dialogue about Vick signing
- W.Pa. to observe International Overdose Awareness Day
- Port Authority’s plan for car-free communities slow to bear fruit
- Board members bring business attitude to nonprofit August Wilson
- Shaler man charged with homicide, abuse of corpse in McKeesport woman’s death
- Solarize Allegheny powers up with more communities
- Newsmaker: Matthew Opdyke
- Penn Hills fire displaces 10
- Man critical after being shot in Pittsburgh’s Knoxville neighborhood
- Pittsburgh region enjoys healthy dose of ‘brain gain’
- Wilkinsburg School District hires embattled Penn Hills business affairs director