Police investigating fatal shooting in Wilkinsburg
Published: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 9:14 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, October 10, 2012
A man was fatally shot in an apparent robbery in Wilkinsburg Tuesday, Allegheny County Police said.
Anthony Dawson, 25, of Wilkinsburg died at the scene in the 1000 block of South Avenue, a spokesman with the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Wilkinsburg police responding to a 911 call about 8:30 p.m. found Dawson with a gunshot wound to the head, county police said in a news release.
Dawson had been staying at the home, and investigators believe he was shot in a robbery between 8:10 p.m. and 8:20 p.m., police said. Anyone who saw anything suspicious in the area at that time is asked to call detectives at 412-473-1300.
- Government defends recording Armstrong County man’s jail conversation
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
- South Hills candidates for 42nd District seat want smaller House
- Justice Department’s secret subpoenas of phone records recall Nixon era
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Mt. Lebanon School District to charge for sports, extracurriculars
- No known illnesses from Legionella bacteria found in Washington County VA clinic, official says
- Prosecutor brings compassion, passion to role as deputy AG
- Accrued sick time weighs on Pittsburgh budget
- Pittsburgh VA executives got performance bonuses amidst deadly Legionnaires’ spread
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.