Police investigating fatal shooting in Wilkinsburg
A man was fatally shot in an apparent robbery in Wilkinsburg Tuesday, Allegheny County Police said.
Anthony Dawson, 25, of Wilkinsburg died at the scene in the 1000 block of South Avenue, a spokesman with the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Wilkinsburg police responding to a 911 call about 8:30 p.m. found Dawson with a gunshot wound to the head, county police said in a news release.
Dawson had been staying at the home, and investigators believe he was shot in a robbery between 8:10 p.m. and 8:20 p.m., police said. Anyone who saw anything suspicious in the area at that time is asked to call detectives at 412-473-1300.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kennywood fanatic, 82, rides Jack Rabbit 95 times in a row
- Early success in White House race a pleasant surprise for Carson
- Neighbor arrested after McKeesport house fire, authorities say
- Memorial Day service in National Cemetery of the Alleghenies still growing
- Man shot while driving through Liberty Tunnel
- 4 dogs found dead in Beechview home; woman charged
- Newsmaker: Rich Jones
- Thrill of the chase: Kennywood fanatic, 82, rides Jack Rabbit 95 times in a row
- Journalist Burzynski found place in public relations, military
- Pa. gaming industry’s growth amplifies siren call for addicts
- Mixed-income apartments in flourishing East Liberty applauded