Police investigating fatal shooting in Wilkinsburg
A man was fatally shot in an apparent robbery in Wilkinsburg Tuesday, Allegheny County Police said.
Anthony Dawson, 25, of Wilkinsburg died at the scene in the 1000 block of South Avenue, a spokesman with the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Wilkinsburg police responding to a 911 call about 8:30 p.m. found Dawson with a gunshot wound to the head, county police said in a news release.
Dawson had been staying at the home, and investigators believe he was shot in a robbery between 8:10 p.m. and 8:20 p.m., police said. Anyone who saw anything suspicious in the area at that time is asked to call detectives at 412-473-1300.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh’s Downtown tops ranking of small to midsized cities
- Police say teen driver was drinking in Butler ATV crash that killed passenger
- Interstate smash-and-grab jewelry ring may be operating in Pittsburgh area, Altoona
- Icy streets leave some in Pittsburgh neighborhoods critical of city
- Inmate care in Allegheny County Jail generates worries
- Free speech wall rises at Carlow University
- Federal judge allows challenge to Sharpsburg’s landlord law
- Just for Giggles, FBI tags along, finds more than sports paraphernalia at Pittsburgh store
- Long-term closures at Carnegie interchange on Parkway West to begin
- Passion for speed fuels Ligonier man’s slippery dash in winter rally
- McCandless mortgage broker company president charged with bank fraud conspiracy