Newsmaker: Zachary Marcum
Noteworthy: Named Rising Star of the Year at the Next-Generation Pharmacist awards, presented by Parata Systems and Pharmacy Times
Education: Doctor of pharmacy, Butler University in Indianapolis, 2008
Occupation: Assistant professor in the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine's Division of Geriatric Medicine
Quote: “It was a tremendous honor and a humbling experience. … I primarily would like to become a national research leader in assessing and improving medication-related problems in older adults.”
Add Andrew Conte to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Snow, freezing rain, bitter cold coming to Western Pa.
- Gulls fleeing frozen Great Lakes fill skies over Pittsburgh’s Point
- CMU software eases task of mining prostitution ads
- Overnight snow delaying schools in Western Pa.
- Sting highlights demand for Pappy Van Winkle bourbon
- Psychiatrist: Man accused of setting Homestead fire not competent to stand trial
- Woman, 77, dies in Monroeville house fire
- Police say couple in Oakland murder-suicide had ‘troubled’ relationship
- Medical examiner identifies man in Pleasant Hills police standoff as Justin Hay
- New CEO eager to revitalize Pittsburgh International Airport
- Charge against ex-Steeler dropped after community service