Newsmaker: Zachary Marcum
Noteworthy: Named Rising Star of the Year at the Next-Generation Pharmacist awards, presented by Parata Systems and Pharmacy Times
Education: Doctor of pharmacy, Butler University in Indianapolis, 2008
Occupation: Assistant professor in the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine's Division of Geriatric Medicine
Quote: “It was a tremendous honor and a humbling experience. … I primarily would like to become a national research leader in assessing and improving medication-related problems in older adults.”
Add Andrew Conte to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pet chiropractic more popular in Western Pa., but doubts linger
- Security policies limit ‘insider threat’ at airports, TSA says
- Police investigating after cab driver shot in Hazelwood
- Buffalo man killed by truck in the West End Circle wanted ‘a fresh start’
- SWAT incident in Ross ends peacefully
- Pittsburgh police chief finds use-of-force policies ‘quite satisfactory’
- Attorney wants evidence from South Allegheny teacher’s cellphone thrown out
- 2nd command officer at Allegheny County Jail punished
- In letter, Plum school superintendent reassures parents on safety
- Maryland man found with missing Ohio girl in Pittsburgh motel
- Man pleads guilty to involuntary manslaughter in crash that killed pedestrian on North Side