Newsmaker: Andrew Halasz
Noteworthy: Provided the post-production sound for “Pierogies,” a documentary showing at the 31st annual Three Rivers Film Festival, which runs through Saturday.
Residence: Squirrel Hill
Family: Wife, Alison; one daughter.
Occupation: Assistant professor in the Cinema & Digital Arts program at Point Park University.
Education: Bachelor's degree in communications with a film concentration, William Paterson University, Wayne, N.J., 1999; Master of Fine Arts in film and digital technology, Chatham University, 2008.
Quote: “You could tell people had this recognition of pierogies — what they mean and what they are, food that unites people in a sort of way.”
Add Andrew Conte to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McCandless OKs land development plan for potential Wal-Mart
- UPMC, Pittsburgh drop tax-status fight
- 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion
- Evacuees return to Young Hotel apartments in Pitcairn
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- Grand jury report says Western Psych failed to cooperate with police
- Board to examine use of sanitary authority vehicles
- Pittsburgh Cultural Trust leads applicants seeking increase in RAD money
- Generations of Steelers fans flock to practice on Unity campus
- Kaufman Foundation awards research grants to schools, including Pitt, CMU
- Ramps to, from Route 65 to I-79 closed after truck strikes overpass