Newsmaker: Andrew Halasz
Noteworthy: Provided the post-production sound for “Pierogies,” a documentary showing at the 31st annual Three Rivers Film Festival, which runs through Saturday.
Residence: Squirrel Hill
Family: Wife, Alison; one daughter.
Occupation: Assistant professor in the Cinema & Digital Arts program at Point Park University.
Education: Bachelor's degree in communications with a film concentration, William Paterson University, Wayne, N.J., 1999; Master of Fine Arts in film and digital technology, Chatham University, 2008.
Quote: “You could tell people had this recognition of pierogies — what they mean and what they are, food that unites people in a sort of way.”
Add Andrew Conte to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Baby makes arrival at fast food restaurant in Hazelwood
- McKees Rocks council president arrested after SWAT standoff
- Forbes Avenue jeweler’s embedded sidewalk sign safely slides out to make way for Pittsburgh Playhouse project
- Senior at Pittsburgh’s CAPA school focuses spotlight on homeless students
- Protest planned Monday at Plum Borough High School
- Allegheny County Council will have new look
- Police arrest 2 after shots fired in North Side
- Poor infrastructure may hinder aid efforts in Nepal after earthquake
- District 7 candidates for Pittsburgh council vow to protect poorer communities
- Garfield business reaches out to raise $90K for fixes
- Allegheny County DA, Monroeville police team to reduce drug activity, violent crime