Newsmaker: Andrew Halasz
Noteworthy: Provided the post-production sound for “Pierogies,” a documentary showing at the 31st annual Three Rivers Film Festival, which runs through Saturday.
Residence: Squirrel Hill
Family: Wife, Alison; one daughter.
Occupation: Assistant professor in the Cinema & Digital Arts program at Point Park University.
Education: Bachelor's degree in communications with a film concentration, William Paterson University, Wayne, N.J., 1999; Master of Fine Arts in film and digital technology, Chatham University, 2008.
Quote: “You could tell people had this recognition of pierogies — what they mean and what they are, food that unites people in a sort of way.”
Add Andrew Conte to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lower gas prices entice motorists to drive long distances for Thanksgiving
- U.S. Steel Tower tenants stand to benefit from company’s relocation
- Suspect in Route 28 death has long history of ignoring vehicle registration, license laws, records show
- La Roche College to accept up to 90 credits from community college students
- Alcoa judgement helps U.S. Attorney’s Office collect 5 times its budget
- Newsmaker: Sister Rita Yeasted
- Thanksgiving closures
- Brentwood police chief to get nearly $200K as part of settlement agreement with borough
- Surgery for man shot by Pittsburgh officer on hold amid legal limbo
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- RMU dormitory fire will displace 10 students