Newsmaker: Dr. Susan Manzi
Published: Friday, November 30, 2012, 11:44 p.m.
Updated: Saturday, December 1, 2012
Dr. Susan Manzi
Noteworthy: Manzi is being presented with the Clinical Practice Award from the Pennsylvania Chapter of the American College of Physicians, honoring her exceptional service to patients, the community and her profession.
Residence: Franklin Park
Family: Partner Joseph Ahearn, 56; and children Lauren, 27, Michael, 22, J.T., 21, Jenna, 20 and Olivia, 19.
Occupation: Co-director of the West Penn Allegheny Health System Lupus Center of Excellence, along with Ahearn, and serves as chair of the Department of Medicine for West Penn Allegheny.
Background: A member of the board of directors and medical advisory committee with the Lupus Foundation of America, Manzi is secretary/treasurer of the Systemic Lupus International Cooperating Clinics Committee and has been a member of a number of Study Sections for the National Institutes of Health.
Education: Bachelor of science in biology from the University of Notre Dame; graduated from medical school at the University of Pittsburgh; and served a residency at Duke University.
Quote: “It's a privilege to be recognized by my peers for taking care of patients with lupus and doing what I love to do.”
— Bill Vidonic
- County executive: Allegheny risks losing millions with delayed decision on park drilling
- National study: College teacher training is ‘industry of mediocrity’
- Trib wins appeal to open records in settlement with former county inmate
- Sewickley church can repurpose ‘pink house’ to fellowship center
- Pittsburgh police, civilian employees to work convention
- Corbett administration seeking assurances state won’t be left holding Medicaid bag
- Small communication firms target system
- VA had Legionella bug 5 years before disclosure
- Newsmaker: Jessica Vega-Rogowicz
- Newsmaker: Jennifer Moss
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.