Newsmaker: Dr. Susan Manzi
Dr. Susan Manzi
Noteworthy: Manzi is being presented with the Clinical Practice Award from the Pennsylvania Chapter of the American College of Physicians, honoring her exceptional service to patients, the community and her profession.
Residence: Franklin Park
Family: Partner Joseph Ahearn, 56; and children Lauren, 27, Michael, 22, J.T., 21, Jenna, 20 and Olivia, 19.
Occupation: Co-director of the West Penn Allegheny Health System Lupus Center of Excellence, along with Ahearn, and serves as chair of the Department of Medicine for West Penn Allegheny.
Background: A member of the board of directors and medical advisory committee with the Lupus Foundation of America, Manzi is secretary/treasurer of the Systemic Lupus International Cooperating Clinics Committee and has been a member of a number of Study Sections for the National Institutes of Health.
Education: Bachelor of science in biology from the University of Notre Dame; graduated from medical school at the University of Pittsburgh; and served a residency at Duke University.
Quote: “It's a privilege to be recognized by my peers for taking care of patients with lupus and doing what I love to do.”
— Bill Vidonic
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Trial near for Shaler man paralyzed in Pittsburgh police shooting
- Toll road system traces roots to Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania Turnpike
- Heavy rain prompts flood advisory for Allegheny, Westmoreland counties
- White House threat sparks call for wider immigration debate
- Work set for Parkway West
- Carnegie Mellon grad’s tweak to tweets turns 7
- Timing of summer’s end a matter of perspective for Western Pennsylvanians
- Bridge inspections, washing to impact Pittsburgh traffic
- Former McCandless ice cream shop owner convicted of sex charges