Newsmaker: Dr. Susan Manzi
Dr. Susan Manzi
Noteworthy: Manzi is being presented with the Clinical Practice Award from the Pennsylvania Chapter of the American College of Physicians, honoring her exceptional service to patients, the community and her profession.
Residence: Franklin Park
Family: Partner Joseph Ahearn, 56; and children Lauren, 27, Michael, 22, J.T., 21, Jenna, 20 and Olivia, 19.
Occupation: Co-director of the West Penn Allegheny Health System Lupus Center of Excellence, along with Ahearn, and serves as chair of the Department of Medicine for West Penn Allegheny.
Background: A member of the board of directors and medical advisory committee with the Lupus Foundation of America, Manzi is secretary/treasurer of the Systemic Lupus International Cooperating Clinics Committee and has been a member of a number of Study Sections for the National Institutes of Health.
Education: Bachelor of science in biology from the University of Notre Dame; graduated from medical school at the University of Pittsburgh; and served a residency at Duke University.
Quote: “It's a privilege to be recognized by my peers for taking care of patients with lupus and doing what I love to do.”
— Bill Vidonic
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Allegheny RAD executive director moving on after 2 decades
- Peduto pushes for affordable housing in East Liberty redevelopment
- Proposed 8-story apartment complex called too tall in North Side’s Garden Theater area
- Deadly snake bites on the rise in Western Pa.
- Peduto blasts Wolf’s plan to borrow $3B to shore up pensions
- Newsmaker: Carol Peterson
- Allegheny Regional Asset District Executive Director Donahoe moving on after 2 decades
- Carrick residents, businesses join police for ‘Virtual Block Watch’
- McKees Rocks teen set for preliminary hearing on homicide, weapons charges
- Mexico native sentenced to 10 years in prison for supplying cocaine to Pittsburgh-area dealers
- SWAT standoff on Pittsburgh’s North Side ends peacefully