Newsmaker: Mike Zierden
By Chris Togneri
Published: Tuesday, December 11, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Friday, March 29, 2013
Noteworthy: Named recently to the Carnegie Science Center board of directors
Family: Wife, Lisa; daughters, Anna, 11, and Audrey, 9
Occupation: Vice president and product manager of the polycarbonate division of Bayer Material Science
Education: Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering, Villanova University, 1989; master's in business administration, Pepperdine University, 1995
Background: Joined Bayer in 1989 as a technical sales specialist and has held several management positions.
Quote: “I am at a point in my career to be able to give back to the community. My family and I have always loved the Carnegie Science Center. The science center is also a great fit with Bayer Material Science's efforts to further (science, technology, engineering and math) as well as our ‘Making Science Make Sense' program.”
- Marine restores pride of Memorial Day parade on streets of Lawrenceville
- Mayoral candidate Peduto wants to spread growth around Pittsburgh
- Spanier’s defense team says testimony from ex-general counsel inadmissible
- Pittsburgh Public Safety director Huss works to lift morale
- Group of immigrants welcomed into U.S. citizenship at Soldiers & Sailors
- Legionella bacteria not found in tests at Washington County mall
- Group battles to repeal state’s prevailing wage repeal
- Allegheny County pursues $3M grant for sports complex at Montour Junction site
- Accrued sick time weighs on Pittsburgh budget
- Organ recipients thank donor families
- Stamps to mark Gettysburg’s 150th
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.