Letter from convicted man's mother
To The Press:
A story has two sides and our side has not been heard because there is a police officer involved and it is believed that Emilio committed this crime.
I am here to tell you that an innocent man has been convicted and sentenced for a crime he did not commit. Emilio had never stand a chance because the DA and the judge had to make someone accountable for this crime because they got a lot of pressure from the police association and other government officials. Yet, an innocent man has been incarcerated and no one seems to care.
The justice system in Pittsburgh is broken and everyday, not only bad officers are out there, but the real criminals are left in the streets.
Please publish my press release for someday you will be glad that you helped to bring justice for an innocent man. I hope I am still alive to see my son out of jail
I hope that it does not take as long as it took to release so many, as has been released, because the justice realized the injustice that they committed one day.
Thank you so much,
Ms. Mayra Rivera
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trial near for Shaler man paralyzed in Pittsburgh police shooting
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Toll road system traces roots to Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania Turnpike
- Heavy rain prompts flood advisory for Allegheny, Westmoreland counties
- Bridge inspections, washing to impact Pittsburgh traffic
- Work set for Parkway West
- Carnegie Mellon grad’s tweak to tweets turns 7
- Obama faces bipartisan criticism over his foreign policy
- Attorney General drops charges against ‘upper-level’ heroin dealers, records show
- White House threat sparks call for wider immigration debate