Letter from convicted man's mother
To The Press:
A story has two sides and our side has not been heard because there is a police officer involved and it is believed that Emilio committed this crime.
I am here to tell you that an innocent man has been convicted and sentenced for a crime he did not commit. Emilio had never stand a chance because the DA and the judge had to make someone accountable for this crime because they got a lot of pressure from the police association and other government officials. Yet, an innocent man has been incarcerated and no one seems to care.
The justice system in Pittsburgh is broken and everyday, not only bad officers are out there, but the real criminals are left in the streets.
Please publish my press release for someday you will be glad that you helped to bring justice for an innocent man. I hope I am still alive to see my son out of jail
I hope that it does not take as long as it took to release so many, as has been released, because the justice realized the injustice that they committed one day.
Thank you so much,
Ms. Mayra Rivera
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pa. woman charged with forging docs to claim she was an attorney
- Region’s Goodwill spends $51.6M in 2014, report says
- Police say ‘person of interest’ in Andre Gray shooting has not been charged
- North Fayette company changes defendants in Antonio Brown endorsement lawsuit
- Judge dismisses group’s lawsuit against Neville Island coke plant
- Jury acquits man accused of 2005 murder in Braddock
- Lawrence County father, son charged with running illegal video gambling machines
- Newsmaker: Jeff Ritter
- Washington County school superintendent charged with DUI gets probation
- Man charged in child rape case from 2014 arrested again
- Edgeworth man pleads guilty in bank fraud conspiracy