Man fatally shot in Lawrenceville
Published: Friday, November 30, 2012, 8:48 a.m.
Updated: Friday, November 30, 2012
A Mt. Lebanon man was shot four times when he tried to get into a recording studio in Lawrenceville on Thursday.
Pittsburgh police said Solomon Burton, 25, was shot through the front door of an apartment that was used as a studio about 9:45 p.m. in the 4700 block of Butler Street.
Police responding to a report of shots fired found Burton lying on the floor in the hallway. Paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene. Police found a handgun lying outside the apartment.
Several people were inside the apartment at the time of the shooting, police said. Detectives interviewed four people from the apartment and released them, pending further investigation.
Police have not arrested anyone in connection with the shooting.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call homicide detectives at (412) 323-7161.
- Mt. Washington’s Grandview Avenue isn’t looking so great these days
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Allegheny County police counting on remote-operated river vehicle
- Campaign makes push for organ donations
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- Organ recipients thank donor families
- Humans will retain key role in robot use
- Debate on drones raises issue of safety vs. privacy
- Newsmaker: Mary C. McGinley
- Congressional leaders unswayed by VA promises
- Flavors of the world treat for PSO fans
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.