Man fatally shot in Lawrenceville
A Mt. Lebanon man was shot four times when he tried to get into a recording studio in Lawrenceville on Thursday.
Pittsburgh police said Solomon Burton, 25, was shot through the front door of an apartment that was used as a studio about 9:45 p.m. in the 4700 block of Butler Street.
Police responding to a report of shots fired found Burton lying on the floor in the hallway. Paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene. Police found a handgun lying outside the apartment.
Several people were inside the apartment at the time of the shooting, police said. Detectives interviewed four people from the apartment and released them, pending further investigation.
Police have not arrested anyone in connection with the shooting.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call homicide detectives at (412) 323-7161.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pedestrian struck, killed by train in Coraopolis
- Millions to travel through Western Pa. during Memorial Day weekend
- Analyst says Pa. senate race leans toward Toomey — because Democrats ‘loathe’ Sestak
- DOJ program goal: Increased trust between law enforcement, community
- Pennsylvania Sen. Casey seeks to provide aid to repairing locally owned bridges
- 9 juveniles charged in connection with opening day disturbance at Kennywood
- Police seize heroin, cash in North Versailles
- Expert: Penn Hills loan could worsen stability
- Trib wins 12 Golden Quills
- VA report shows W.Pa. error rate down, but inspectors point out delays in re-evaluating cases cost $493K
- BodyTech health program at Carnegie Science Center to offer virtual tour of human body