Bridge inspections to snarl Bedford Avenue traffic
Daily short-term lane closures and traffic shifts are planned this week in the area of the bridge that carries Bedford Avenue over Crosstown Boulevard and the ramps for Bigelow Boulevard, PennDOT said.
Crews from Cambridge, Mass.-based CDM Smith Engineers will inspect the bridge from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily Monday through Friday, weather permitting.
The single-lane closures and traffic shifts will take place as needed on the bridge and ramps underneath it, although all ramps will remain open.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Federal grand jury indicts man for violating poultry law while operating illegal slaughterhouse in his Jefferson Hills home
- Propel Braddock Hills High School to install metal detectors, superintendent says
- Sean Logan institutes Wolf’s gift ban at Turnpike Commission
- Pipelines key to growth in shale industry
- Blawnox couple jailed in woman’s alleged abuse of boyfriend’s child
- Aging weather satellite may be leaving forecasters with a large blind spot
- Veterans Administration settles another Legionnaire’s lawsuit
- Penn Hills water main break creates car-swallowing sinkhole
- Mt. Lebanon awaits Pennsylvania Game Commission approval to corral, kill deer
- Man killed in SUV rollover on Parkway East
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses