Bridge inspections to snarl Bedford Avenue traffic
Daily short-term lane closures and traffic shifts are planned this week in the area of the bridge that carries Bedford Avenue over Crosstown Boulevard and the ramps for Bigelow Boulevard, PennDOT said.
Crews from Cambridge, Mass.-based CDM Smith Engineers will inspect the bridge from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily Monday through Friday, weather permitting.
The single-lane closures and traffic shifts will take place as needed on the bridge and ramps underneath it, although all ramps will remain open.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- City’s plan for Strip flummoxes vendors
- Orders for Pittsburgh police hats soar with new uniform policy
- Local groups hope NFL lends support
- City of Pittsburgh detective, 2 boys finalize adoption before judge
- Marshall land parcel along Route 910 eyed as park site
- CDC backlog means W.Pa, likely won’t get respiratory virus diagnoses quickly
- Judge denies request to lift gag order in Ford case
- Google grants teachers’ school supply wishes
- Bethel Park settled police officer’s suit for $25,000
- $5M grant sought for trade center site near Pittsburgh airport
- Air Conditioning Contractors, Peoples partner on furnace cleanings for low-income residents