Bridge inspections to snarl Bedford Avenue traffic
Daily short-term lane closures and traffic shifts are planned this week in the area of the bridge that carries Bedford Avenue over Crosstown Boulevard and the ramps for Bigelow Boulevard, PennDOT said.
Crews from Cambridge, Mass.-based CDM Smith Engineers will inspect the bridge from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily Monday through Friday, weather permitting.
The single-lane closures and traffic shifts will take place as needed on the bridge and ramps underneath it, although all ramps will remain open.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Owner of Strip District nightclub Ivy agrees to close after shooting
- Artist born without arms, legs gives Hampton students peek into her world
- 10th DUI earns Uptown man 1st prison sentence
- Fired Plum officer won’t get job back
- Wolf’s education proposal gets mixed reviews
- Newsmaker: Lori E. McMaster
- Bangladeshis to speak at Pitt in program against sweatshops
- McCandless mortgage broker company president charged with bank fraud conspiracy
- Trial of bar owner accused of shooting cyclist in Allentown begins
- Police say teen driver was drinking in Butler ATV crash that killed passenger
- Teacher conduct under spotlight in Pennsylvania