Bridge inspections to snarl Bedford Avenue traffic
Published: Monday, December 3, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Daily short-term lane closures and traffic shifts are planned this week in the area of the bridge that carries Bedford Avenue over Crosstown Boulevard and the ramps for Bigelow Boulevard, PennDOT said.
Crews from Cambridge, Mass.-based CDM Smith Engineers will inspect the bridge from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily Monday through Friday, weather permitting.
The single-lane closures and traffic shifts will take place as needed on the bridge and ramps underneath it, although all ramps will remain open.
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- Sentencing postponed in Pitt online threats case
- Lawrenceville balance shifts to hipper, pricier
- Newsmaker: Tom Lopus
- Allegheny County parks considered for drilling
- Congressional awards honor 3 Western Pa. teenagers’ achievements
- Pittsburgh zoo mauling suit hinges on liability
- Newsmaker: Dr. W.H. ‘Bert’ Milligan
- South Park model car designers team head to world competition
- Newsmaker: Jennifer Moss
- Leadership roles shift as result of Pittsburgh police union rules
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.