Bridge inspections to snarl Bedford Avenue traffic
Daily short-term lane closures and traffic shifts are planned this week in the area of the bridge that carries Bedford Avenue over Crosstown Boulevard and the ramps for Bigelow Boulevard, PennDOT said.
Crews from Cambridge, Mass.-based CDM Smith Engineers will inspect the bridge from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily Monday through Friday, weather permitting.
The single-lane closures and traffic shifts will take place as needed on the bridge and ramps underneath it, although all ramps will remain open.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pgh. International leader strives to inject Pittsburgh flavor into airport
- Owner of Penn Hills tombstone business pleads guilty to swindling the bereaved out of $90K
- Groups seek $2.5M for North Side’s historic West Park fountain
- No injuries reported in Holy Family Manor fire in Ross
- Fire reported at recycling facility in Braddock
- Ramp projects across Western Pennsylvania to start this week
- Brookline 12-year-old crashes mother’s car
- Falling bricks close 2 Squirrel Hill businesses
- Scaife additions to elevate status of two museums
- Carnegie Mellon University’s Speck device monitors indoor pollution
- Newsmaker: Janice Cherry