Gunman robs pizza shop in Mt. Oliver
The Vocelli Pizza shop in Mt. Oliver was robbed at gunpoint Sunday evening, authorities said.
The robbery was reported about 6:30 p.m. in the 600 block of Brownsville Road, an Allegheny County 911 dispatcher said.
No one was injured, and the robber fled with an unknown amount of loot.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- More witness intimidation charges filed against Plum teacher
- American Airlines manager arrested in Pittsburgh on sex crimes charges
- Human-waste fertilizer aids farmers, worries some Ohio residents
- 5 teens injured in East Liberty crash while eluding police
- State trooper released after Ohio Township crash
- Tribune-Review columnist Heyl honored nationally
- Nurse, family partnerships aim to stop black infant deaths in Pittsburgh
- Pension costs burden region’s school districts
- In a first, City of Pittsburgh offers free swim lessons
- Dermatology worker gets public sunscreen dispenser installed at Mt. Lebanon park
- Black students more harshly punished in Pittsburgh, official acknowledges