Gunman robs pizza shop in Mt. Oliver
The Vocelli Pizza shop in Mt. Oliver was robbed at gunpoint Sunday evening, authorities said.
The robbery was reported about 6:30 p.m. in the 600 block of Brownsville Road, an Allegheny County 911 dispatcher said.
No one was injured, and the robber fled with an unknown amount of loot.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Allegheny County assistant public defender charged for allegedly lying to court staff
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- Owner of Italian Village Pizza stores gets house arrest for tax evasion
- W.Va. natural gas line explodes near Ohio border
- Crews attempting to repair water main break in Brentwood
- Mt. Lebanon High School to sell its planetarium equipment
- U.S. Marshals fugitive task force arrests man wanted in McKeesport homicide
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- Missing Shaler man dealt with family losses
- Storm could drop 4-6 inches of snow on Pittsburgh area
- Woman sought in ‘friendly fire’ fatal shooting in Brighton Heights