Series of fires reported overnight in Glassport, investigators believe they were set intentionally
By Margaret Harding
Published: Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 9:16 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Someone intentionally started three fires in Glassport, the Allegheny County Fire Marshal's Office said Tuesday.
The fires were reported within two hours of each other. The first was in a vacant church about 10:50 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of Ohio Avenue. The second was reported at 12:30 a.m. at 837 Vermont Ave. and involved two garages and two carports. A house across the street and a detached garage on an alley behind Indiana also were on fire, Chief Deputy Fire Marshal Donald Brucker said. He said whoever set the fires could face arson charges.
He asked that anyone with information call the fire office's anonymous tip line at 412-473-2776.
- Mt. Washington’s Grandview Avenue isn’t looking so great these days
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- Allegheny County police counting on remote-operated river vehicle
- Man attacked by dog in Carrick cemetery
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
- Organ recipients thank donor families
- Low turnout expected in Tuesday’s primary
- Congressional leaders unswayed by VA promises
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Debate on drones raises issue of safety vs. privacy
- Coast Guard volunteers offer help to ensure boaters stay safe
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.