Series of fires reported overnight in Glassport, investigators believe they were set intentionally
Someone intentionally started three fires in Glassport, the Allegheny County Fire Marshal's Office said Tuesday.
The fires were reported within two hours of each other. The first was in a vacant church about 10:50 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of Ohio Avenue. The second was reported at 12:30 a.m. at 837 Vermont Ave. and involved two garages and two carports. A house across the street and a detached garage on an alley behind Indiana also were on fire, Chief Deputy Fire Marshal Donald Brucker said. He said whoever set the fires could face arson charges.
He asked that anyone with information call the fire office's anonymous tip line at 412-473-2776.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Defying the odds makes this Thanksgiving particularly poignant
- Millions in pollution fines went unused for decades in Allegheny County
- Group’s proposed fracking moratorium for Allegheny County parks to go on council agenda
- Rare surgery helps woman beat paralysis
- Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank adds chief financial officer Lutovsky
- Dinners, other Thanksgiving events planned in region
- Apartment development outlined for former Schenley High School in Pittsburgh
- Girl, 12, rescues 4-year-old sister from burning house in Homestead
- Reading Harry Potter provides clues to brain activity, CMU researchers say
- Newsmaker: Daniel Eichinger
- Brentwood police chief to get nearly $200K as part of settlement agreement with borough