Series of fires reported overnight in Glassport, investigators believe they were set intentionally
By Margaret Harding
Published: Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 9:16 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Someone intentionally started three fires in Glassport, the Allegheny County Fire Marshal's Office said Tuesday.
The fires were reported within two hours of each other. The first was in a vacant church about 10:50 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of Ohio Avenue. The second was reported at 12:30 a.m. at 837 Vermont Ave. and involved two garages and two carports. A house across the street and a detached garage on an alley behind Indiana also were on fire, Chief Deputy Fire Marshal Donald Brucker said. He said whoever set the fires could face arson charges.
He asked that anyone with information call the fire office's anonymous tip line at 412-473-2776.
- County executive: Allegheny risks losing millions with delayed decision on park drilling
- National study: College teacher training is ‘industry of mediocrity’
- VA had Legionella bug 5 years before disclosure
- Sentencing postponed in Pitt online threats case
- Newsmaker: Jessica Vega-Rogowicz
- Small communication firms target system
- Sewickley church can repurpose ‘pink house’ to fellowship center
- Pittsburgh police, civilian employees to work convention
- Congressmen: VA Pittsburgh ignored requests for Legionnaires’ records
- Newsmaker: Jennifer Moss
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.