Series of fires reported overnight in Glassport, investigators believe they were set intentionally
Someone intentionally started three fires in Glassport, the Allegheny County Fire Marshal's Office said Tuesday.
The fires were reported within two hours of each other. The first was in a vacant church about 10:50 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of Ohio Avenue. The second was reported at 12:30 a.m. at 837 Vermont Ave. and involved two garages and two carports. A house across the street and a detached garage on an alley behind Indiana also were on fire, Chief Deputy Fire Marshal Donald Brucker said. He said whoever set the fires could face arson charges.
He asked that anyone with information call the fire office's anonymous tip line at 412-473-2776.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh’s Downtown tops ranking of small to midsized cities
- Interstate smash-and-grab jewelry ring may be operating in Pittsburgh area, Altoona
- Police say teen driver was drinking in Butler ATV crash that killed passenger
- Federal judge allows challenge to Sharpsburg’s landlord law
- Whistleblower claims Allegheny County’s human services director violated 2003 lawsuit settlement
- DA’s office examining complaint history of Strip District club
- Passion for speed fuels Ligonier man’s slippery dash in winter rally
- McCandless mortgage broker company president charged with bank fraud conspiracy
- ALICE program aims to protect students from active shooter in school
- Teacher conduct under spotlight in Pennsylvania
- 4th suspect in shooting of Homewood security guard surrenders