Newsmaker: Shawn Culp
Noteworthy: Culp was part of an American Culinary Federation team that won a silver medal at this year's Internationale Kochkunst Ausstellung, the culinary Olympics. He was a member of the U.S. regional team, composed of up-and-comers competing one level below the national team.
Residence: South Fayette.
Occupation: Culinary instructor at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh.
Background: Before joining the Art Institute in 2011, he spent four years as an instructor at Le Cordon Bleu Institute of Culinary Arts in Pittsburgh. He was previously the chef at Chartiers Country Club.
Education: Culp received his culinary degree from Westmoreland County Community College in 1999.
Quote: “It was definitely an experience with memories that will last for a lifetime. It's an incredible experience, first to travel to Germany, and then to compete on that level.”
— Tim Puko
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- TED Talks event to appeal to Pittsburgh millenials
- Pennsylvania amusement ride website leaves readers hanging
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Pittsburgh police force’s diversity worsens since ACLU filed discrimination lawsuit in 2012
- Newsmaker: George J. Zimmerman
- Revenue from special Pennsylvania Monuments license plates to help maintain monuments at Gettysburg
- Allegheny County’s crime lab ranks up there with world’s best
- Newsmaker: Rebecca Lane
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather