Newsmaker: Shawn Culp
Published: Monday, December 24, 2012, 7:47 p.m.
Updated: Monday, December 24, 2012
Noteworthy: Culp was part of an American Culinary Federation team that won a silver medal at this year's Internationale Kochkunst Ausstellung, the culinary Olympics. He was a member of the U.S. regional team, composed of up-and-comers competing one level below the national team.
Residence: South Fayette.
Occupation: Culinary instructor at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh.
Background: Before joining the Art Institute in 2011, he spent four years as an instructor at Le Cordon Bleu Institute of Culinary Arts in Pittsburgh. He was previously the chef at Chartiers Country Club.
Education: Culp received his culinary degree from Westmoreland County Community College in 1999.
Quote: “It was definitely an experience with memories that will last for a lifetime. It's an incredible experience, first to travel to Germany, and then to compete on that level.”
— Tim Puko
- Pittsburgh City Council chief Harris eyes mayor’s job
- State commits annual $3.8M to Pittsburgh-Harrisburg Amtrak line
- Man shot in face in Greenfield
- Bethel Park board rejects fact-finding on transportation
- Western Pa. veterans: Remember reason behind Memorial Day
- Government defends recording Armstrong County man’s jail conversation
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- Stamps to mark Gettysburg’s 150th
- Corbett wants clarification on education standards
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
- Chlorine spill evacuates Wilkinsburg apartment building
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.