Newsmaker: Shawn Culp
Noteworthy: Culp was part of an American Culinary Federation team that won a silver medal at this year's Internationale Kochkunst Ausstellung, the culinary Olympics. He was a member of the U.S. regional team, composed of up-and-comers competing one level below the national team.
Residence: South Fayette.
Occupation: Culinary instructor at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh.
Background: Before joining the Art Institute in 2011, he spent four years as an instructor at Le Cordon Bleu Institute of Culinary Arts in Pittsburgh. He was previously the chef at Chartiers Country Club.
Education: Culp received his culinary degree from Westmoreland County Community College in 1999.
Quote: “It was definitely an experience with memories that will last for a lifetime. It's an incredible experience, first to travel to Germany, and then to compete on that level.”
— Tim Puko
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Transportation challenges rife as Pittsburgh focuses on making fixes
- Boy, 17, shot in Marshall-Shadeland
- Transportation funding uncertainty impacts planning for Western Pa.
- Lawsuit: Pittsburgh Public Schools should have known officer was abusing boys
- Police confiscated cellphone of driver who struck 7-year-old girl Thursday
- Eastbound Parkway West to reopen Sunday morning
- Body from Ohio River may be link to missing Pittsburgh man Kochu
- Blaze destroys 112-year-old Jefferson Hills restaurant
- Montour Trail gets needed updates
- Heroin overdoses kill two in Pittsburgh area; others revived with Narcan
- Teachers union advises lawyers for colleagues of Plum pair investigated on sex charges