Newsmaker: Dr. Michael White
Noteworthy: White won the Patients' Choice Award, presented by the American Registry and based on online ratings by patients.
Family: Partner, Rick LeBeau
Occupation: Plastic surgeon at Allegheny General Hospital, North Side
Background: White has worked as a plastic surgeon at AGH since 1989. He performs all aspects of plastic surgery, including reconstruction on cancer and trauma patients, in addition to aesthetic surgery.
Education: White earned a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse in 1976 and an M.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1980 and completed his general surgery training at the University of Louisville from 1980 to 1985.
Quote: “I'm so honored to receive an award that's based on how my patients view the quality of care I provide. I strive each day to exceed my patients' expectations, and I'm grateful that they've recognized my efforts.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trib real estate writer Spatter ‘worked right to the end’
- Pittsburgh councilwoman proposes rules for protecting dogs from extreme weather
- Pa. Medicaid growth in tug of war between departing Governor Corbett, incoming Wolf
- Newsmaker: Irene H. Frieze
- Ambridge police chief went undercover in attempt to catch person who robbed 2 people at knifepoint
- No federal funds to help enforce Pa. ban on texting by drivers
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- Allegheny County Council wants to hike members’ $3K expense accounts
- U.S. Steel Tower tenants stand to benefit from company’s relocation
- Allegheny County will stop asking about employees’ criminal history, Fitzgerald says
- Brentwood police chief to get nearly $200K as part of settlement agreement with borough