Newsmaker: Dr. Michael White
Noteworthy: White won the Patients' Choice Award, presented by the American Registry and based on online ratings by patients.
Family: Partner, Rick LeBeau
Occupation: Plastic surgeon at Allegheny General Hospital, North Side
Background: White has worked as a plastic surgeon at AGH since 1989. He performs all aspects of plastic surgery, including reconstruction on cancer and trauma patients, in addition to aesthetic surgery.
Education: White earned a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse in 1976 and an M.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1980 and completed his general surgery training at the University of Louisville from 1980 to 1985.
Quote: “I'm so honored to receive an award that's based on how my patients view the quality of care I provide. I strive each day to exceed my patients' expectations, and I'm grateful that they've recognized my efforts.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Federal jury says gas company shorted owners on royalties
- Minority employment report: Diversified workforce lacking in Western Pa.
- Loose barges on Monongahela River highlight woes of winter’s end
- ‘Bus rapid transit’ link from Oakland to Downtown slow to actualize
- Pittsburgh chess tournament likely to include pair of grandmasters
- Mt. Lebanon deer-culling corrals sprayed with urine, repellent
- Drilling group says Wolf overestimates expected tax revenue
- Department of Education scrutinizes Point Park for response to sexual assault claims
- Pittsburgh has enough salt despite delivery refusal on Thursday, official says
- Police looking for Duquesne man they say assaulted 13-year-old girl
- 4 World War II veterans from Western Pa. honored by French government