Newsmaker: Dr. Michael White
Noteworthy: White won the Patients' Choice Award, presented by the American Registry and based on online ratings by patients.
Family: Partner, Rick LeBeau
Occupation: Plastic surgeon at Allegheny General Hospital, North Side
Background: White has worked as a plastic surgeon at AGH since 1989. He performs all aspects of plastic surgery, including reconstruction on cancer and trauma patients, in addition to aesthetic surgery.
Education: White earned a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse in 1976 and an M.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1980 and completed his general surgery training at the University of Louisville from 1980 to 1985.
Quote: “I'm so honored to receive an award that's based on how my patients view the quality of care I provide. I strive each day to exceed my patients' expectations, and I'm grateful that they've recognized my efforts.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire
- Man robbed, shot in East Liberty
- Savvy Service Employees International Union ‘keeps light on’
- Ferrante trial: Cyanide order form in plain sight
- Corbett, Wolf resort to sticks, stones to attract attention
- Project 15206 finds goals for rain
- Curry Hollow Shopping Center has buyer
- Public servants honored in Pittsburgh for extraordinary responses