Newsmaker: Dr. Michael White
Noteworthy: White won the Patients' Choice Award, presented by the American Registry and based on online ratings by patients.
Family: Partner, Rick LeBeau
Occupation: Plastic surgeon at Allegheny General Hospital, North Side
Background: White has worked as a plastic surgeon at AGH since 1989. He performs all aspects of plastic surgery, including reconstruction on cancer and trauma patients, in addition to aesthetic surgery.
Education: White earned a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse in 1976 and an M.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1980 and completed his general surgery training at the University of Louisville from 1980 to 1985.
Quote: “I'm so honored to receive an award that's based on how my patients view the quality of care I provide. I strive each day to exceed my patients' expectations, and I'm grateful that they've recognized my efforts.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Newsmaker: Christopher W. Robinson
- Man’s death by runaway wheel on Route 28 ruled accident
- Emergency personnel contain fire at Whitehall apartment complex
- Carrick man struck by dump truck dies; woman critically injured
- WVU frat brothers charged with hazing pledges
- Youngsters embrace technology that combines art, software in 3D printing
- Blackjacks off the table for Pittsburgh police
- 6 shot at Clairton speakeasy; police seek suspects
- Snow removal crews from Pennsylvania hit the road to help Buffalo
- Cybersecurity experts warn Pittsburgh conference about dangers of hacking
- ‘Collapse’ displaces 20 residents of condemned Penn Hills rowhouses