Newsmaker: Dr. Michael White
Noteworthy: White won the Patients' Choice Award, presented by the American Registry and based on online ratings by patients.
Family: Partner, Rick LeBeau
Occupation: Plastic surgeon at Allegheny General Hospital, North Side
Background: White has worked as a plastic surgeon at AGH since 1989. He performs all aspects of plastic surgery, including reconstruction on cancer and trauma patients, in addition to aesthetic surgery.
Education: White earned a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse in 1976 and an M.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1980 and completed his general surgery training at the University of Louisville from 1980 to 1985.
Quote: “I'm so honored to receive an award that's based on how my patients view the quality of care I provide. I strive each day to exceed my patients' expectations, and I'm grateful that they've recognized my efforts.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pittsburgh International Airport to focus on attracting new airlines, increase facility’s usage
- Downtown Pittsburgh Macy’s donates bits of history
- Pittsburgh zoo receives $9M gift — largest ever — from Mellon Foundation
- Wilkinsburg minister raided for drugs and guns, charged with 18 felonies
- Founder of Operation Safety Net in Pittsburgh named one of CNN’s 2015 Top 10 Heroes
- Siblings sue over gas rights in Jefferson Hills land parcel
- Upper St. Clair lifeguard ordered to stand trial for rape of female lifeguard
- North Hills transit service limits lamented
- 30 federal prisoners in W.Pa. on list for early release; 27 in Pittsburgh
- Sky’s not the limit: Pirate Parrot takes trip into Earth’s atmosphere
- Allegheny County Sheriff’s deputies apprehend one of county’s ‘most wanted fugitives’