Newsmaker: Dr. Peter J. Jannetta
By Mike Wereschagin
Published: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 9:44 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Noteworthy: Jannetta received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Academy of Microscope Enhanced Dentistry. The academy gave the award to Jannetta at its annual meeting in San Diego, during which Jannetta delivered a lecture and presented his latest research into microvascular decompression, a surgical procedure he developed to relieve pressure and pain emanating from the brainstem.
Family: Wife, Diana. The couple has six children.
Occupation: Jannetta is a pioneering neurosurgeon and vice chairman of the Department of Neurosurgery at Allegheny General Hospital. Jannetta has helped train more than 150 neurosurgeons and written more than 400 scientific articles, abstracts and book chapters. He serves as professor of neurosurgery at Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia.
Education: Jannetta earned his MD and a bachelor's degree from the University of Pennsylvania.
Quote: “I'm honored to be recognized by the Academy of Microscope Enhanced Dentistry and thrilled to see my experience as a neurosurgeon help those specializing in dentistry achieve better outcomes.”
- County executive: Allegheny risks losing millions with delayed decision on park drilling
- VA had Legionella bug 5 years before disclosure
- National study: College teacher training is ‘industry of mediocrity’
- Sentencing postponed in Pitt online threats case
- Small communication firms target system
- Newsmaker: Jessica Vega-Rogowicz
- Sewickley church can repurpose ‘pink house’ to fellowship center
- Pittsburgh police, civilian employees to work convention
- Congressmen: VA Pittsburgh ignored requests for Legionnaires’ records
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- Newsmaker: Jennifer Moss
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.