Newsmaker: Donna Kramer
Noteworthy: Kramer received a proclamation from Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl recognizing her more than 30 years of volunteer work in her community and on behalf of veterans. She is past president and current first vice president of the Pennsylvania chapter of the Catholic War Veterans Auxiliary, and is serving her third term as president of the St. Gabriel's Catholic War Veterans Auxiliary.
Residence: Brighton Heights
Family: Husband, Ron, and son, Bryan, 27
Occupation: She works part time at the Build-A-Bear Workshop in Ross Park Mall.
Background: She has been a member of the Brighton Heights Citizen's Federation, coordinated block watches in the neighborhood and served as former president and representative of the North Side Public Safety Council.
Education: She is a 1969 graduate of the former Mt. Assisi Academy in Bellevue and a 1970 graduate of the former Berkeley Business School, Downtown.
Quote: “I don't do things in my life to be recognized. I do it out of the goodness of my heart.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Identical twins born at West Penn Hospital a rare medical marvel
- Pittsburgh Public evacuates 3 schools after voicemail threat
- Marshals make arrest in fatal Strip District shooting
- Sexual assault victim could receive $100K settlement from Pittsburgh
- City of Pittsburgh detective, 2 boys finalize adoption before judge
- Western Pa. colleges to emphasize curricula for energy, industrial fields
- Professor, lawyer with Pittsburgh ties earn MacArthur ‘genius grants’
- Embattled VFW mulls image among declining numbers
- State awards 6 Western Pennsylvania schools mentoring grants
- Pittsburgh’s pension funds earn 16 percent on portfolio
- Ferlo opposes local group’s plans for Produce Terminal, backs Chicago firm