Newsmaker: Donna Kramer
By Bob Bauder
Published: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Saturday, January 5, 2013
Noteworthy: Kramer received a proclamation from Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl recognizing her more than 30 years of volunteer work in her community and on behalf of veterans. She is past president and current first vice president of the Pennsylvania chapter of the Catholic War Veterans Auxiliary, and is serving her third term as president of the St. Gabriel's Catholic War Veterans Auxiliary.
Residence: Brighton Heights
Family: Husband, Ron, and son, Bryan, 27
Occupation: She works part time at the Build-A-Bear Workshop in Ross Park Mall.
Background: She has been a member of the Brighton Heights Citizen's Federation, coordinated block watches in the neighborhood and served as former president and representative of the North Side Public Safety Council.
Education: She is a 1969 graduate of the former Mt. Assisi Academy in Bellevue and a 1970 graduate of the former Berkeley Business School, Downtown.
Quote: “I don't do things in my life to be recognized. I do it out of the goodness of my heart.”
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
- Campaign makes push for organ donations
- Humans will retain key role in robot use
- South Side group sponsors wide range of activities outdoors
- Accrued sick time weighs on Pittsburgh budget
- Newsmaker: Heather Kaczorowski
- ESU faculty warned of potential layoffs
- Flavors of the world treat for PSO fans
- Just hold on, 911 officials say of busy signals, but frustrated callers want explanation
- Allegheny County medical examiner: ‘All options open’ in UPMC doctor’s cyanide death
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.