Newsmaker: Donna Kramer
Noteworthy: Kramer received a proclamation from Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl recognizing her more than 30 years of volunteer work in her community and on behalf of veterans. She is past president and current first vice president of the Pennsylvania chapter of the Catholic War Veterans Auxiliary, and is serving her third term as president of the St. Gabriel's Catholic War Veterans Auxiliary.
Residence: Brighton Heights
Family: Husband, Ron, and son, Bryan, 27
Occupation: She works part time at the Build-A-Bear Workshop in Ross Park Mall.
Background: She has been a member of the Brighton Heights Citizen's Federation, coordinated block watches in the neighborhood and served as former president and representative of the North Side Public Safety Council.
Education: She is a 1969 graduate of the former Mt. Assisi Academy in Bellevue and a 1970 graduate of the former Berkeley Business School, Downtown.
Quote: “I don't do things in my life to be recognized. I do it out of the goodness of my heart.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- Pittsburgh councilwoman: Peduto seeks to reroute money from North Side project in retribution
- State law complicates Allegheny County proposal for letter grading of restaurants
- Newsmaker: Terri Liberto
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Beechview man arrested on child pornography charges
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- Proposal to limit access divides Penn Hills, Homewood neighborhoods
- Service Employee International Union’s tactics rooted in 1980s
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships