Newsmaker: Donna Kramer
Noteworthy: Kramer received a proclamation from Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl recognizing her more than 30 years of volunteer work in her community and on behalf of veterans. She is past president and current first vice president of the Pennsylvania chapter of the Catholic War Veterans Auxiliary, and is serving her third term as president of the St. Gabriel's Catholic War Veterans Auxiliary.
Residence: Brighton Heights
Family: Husband, Ron, and son, Bryan, 27
Occupation: She works part time at the Build-A-Bear Workshop in Ross Park Mall.
Background: She has been a member of the Brighton Heights Citizen's Federation, coordinated block watches in the neighborhood and served as former president and representative of the North Side Public Safety Council.
Education: She is a 1969 graduate of the former Mt. Assisi Academy in Bellevue and a 1970 graduate of the former Berkeley Business School, Downtown.
Quote: “I don't do things in my life to be recognized. I do it out of the goodness of my heart.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- CMU grad, startup CEO reaches out to youth with Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Duquesne Club seeks permission from city to keep 4 rooftop bee hives
- Allegheny County RAD increases budget by $2.5M for cultural, recreational programs
- Bethel Park police chief to retire in mid-October
- Newsmaker: Maurice Cole
- Threat at Sheraden school a ‘student hoax’
- Man taken to hospital after being hit by car in Carrick
- Police searching for man who robbed South Side coffee shop
- Pirates rally planned for Market Square
- Children of dead or seriously wounded Marines get help from Pittsburgh group
- $5M Penn Avenue reconstruction project is ‘killing everything’