Newsmaker: Alan S. Miller
Noteworthy: The publication Best Lawyers in America named Miller Lawyer of the Year for environmental litigation in Pittsburgh. Best Lawyers annually recognizes one lawyer in each practice area and metropolitan area.
Family: Wife, Patricia, and twin sons, Adam and Jacob
Occupation: Managing shareholder in Picadio Sneath Miller & Norton, Downtown
Background: Prior to joining Picadio Sneath Miller & Norton, Miller was a trial attorney for the Environmental Enforcement Section of the Justice Department's Land and Natural Resources Division from 1985 to 1987, and assistant counsel for the state Department of Environmental Protection from 1982 to 1985.
Education: Law degree from George Washington University National Law Center, 1982; bachelor's degree from Washington University in St. Louis, 1978
Quote: “I would hope that my colleagues in the profession, who deem me worthy of this sort of recognition, see that what I bring to the practice of law is a rigorous evaluation of the law, which advocates for clients and at the same time treats colleagues in the profession with the respect that is owed to anyone who practices law.”
Add Alex Nixon to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sting highlights demand for Pappy Van Winkle bourbon
- New CEO eager to revitalize Pittsburgh International Airport
- Police say couple in Oakland murder-suicide had ‘troubled’ relationship
- Charge against ex-Steeler dropped after community service
- Goodell defends league, dodges difficult questions
- Week before sentencing, Ferrante seeks acquittal or new trial
- Pittsburgh mayor denies ethics investigation into his ‘Undercover Boss’ performance
- Overnight snow delaying schools in Western Pa.
- Propel Braddock school bans backpacks, to add metal detectors
- 2nd lawsuit filed against Gov. Wolf seeking reinstatement of open records director
- Psychiatrist: Man accused of setting Homestead fire not competent to stand trial