Newsmaker: Alan S. Miller
By Alex Nixon
Published: Friday, January 4, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Friday, January 4, 2013
Noteworthy: The publication Best Lawyers in America named Miller Lawyer of the Year for environmental litigation in Pittsburgh. Best Lawyers annually recognizes one lawyer in each practice area and metropolitan area.
Family: Wife, Patricia, and twin sons, Adam and Jacob
Occupation: Managing shareholder in Picadio Sneath Miller & Norton, Downtown
Background: Prior to joining Picadio Sneath Miller & Norton, Miller was a trial attorney for the Environmental Enforcement Section of the Justice Department's Land and Natural Resources Division from 1985 to 1987, and assistant counsel for the state Department of Environmental Protection from 1982 to 1985.
Education: Law degree from George Washington University National Law Center, 1982; bachelor's degree from Washington University in St. Louis, 1978
Quote: “I would hope that my colleagues in the profession, who deem me worthy of this sort of recognition, see that what I bring to the practice of law is a rigorous evaluation of the law, which advocates for clients and at the same time treats colleagues in the profession with the respect that is owed to anyone who practices law.”
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
- Newsmaker: Heather Kaczorowski
- Humans will retain key role in robot use
- Allegheny County medical examiner: ‘All options open’ in UPMC doctor’s cyanide death
- South Side group sponsors wide range of activities outdoors
- Appeals court hears Indiana County power plant case
- Bon Air woman completes run for Boston Marathon victims
- Gift helps Humane Society help cats
- Campaign makes push for organ donations
- Homeless vet sentenced in Downtown assault
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.