Newsmaker: Alan S. Miller
By Alex Nixon
Published: Friday, Jan. 4, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Noteworthy: The publication Best Lawyers in America named Miller Lawyer of the Year for environmental litigation in Pittsburgh. Best Lawyers annually recognizes one lawyer in each practice area and metropolitan area.
Family: Wife, Patricia, and twin sons, Adam and Jacob
Occupation: Managing shareholder in Picadio Sneath Miller & Norton, Downtown
Background: Prior to joining Picadio Sneath Miller & Norton, Miller was a trial attorney for the Environmental Enforcement Section of the Justice Department's Land and Natural Resources Division from 1985 to 1987, and assistant counsel for the state Department of Environmental Protection from 1982 to 1985.
Education: Law degree from George Washington University National Law Center, 1982; bachelor's degree from Washington University in St. Louis, 1978
Quote: “I would hope that my colleagues in the profession, who deem me worthy of this sort of recognition, see that what I bring to the practice of law is a rigorous evaluation of the law, which advocates for clients and at the same time treats colleagues in the profession with the respect that is owed to anyone who practices law.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Change in kidney allocation rules expected to help patients
- Landslides put Baldwin firefighters in financial peril
- Population expansion in Western Pennsylvania hinges on immigrants
- Catholic learning sessions to start in Pittsburgh
- Newsmaker: James Lange
- Patients nationwide die waiting as 1 in 5 kidneys rejected by doctors
- Officials identify Chartiers shooting victim as Wilkinsburg man
- Film tax credits bill would bump up state budget
- Pope Francis inspires incredible optimism
- Bethel Park man to receive degree from Pitt he earned 64 years ago
- Bullied South Fayette student’s case prompts wiretap overhaul legislation