Newsmaker: Edward G. O’Connor
By Kim Leonard
Published: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 8:54 p.m.
Updated: Saturday, January 5, 2013
Noteworthy: Received the 2012 Allegheny County Bar Foundation Presidential Merit Award for his longtime support of the foundation and contributions to its pro bono and public service efforts
Family: Wife, Janet, and two adult children, Mark O'Connor and Susan Rothmeyer
Occupation: Senior counsel in Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott LLC's litigation division
Education: Bachelor of Arts in English from Duquesne University, juris doctor from Duquesne University School of Law
Background: Served on Hampton's planning commission and zoning hearing board and on the boards of Duquesne University, the St. Francis Health System and St. Francis Plaza Inc., a government-subsidized high-rise for elderly and low-income people. Has received several awards from the Catholic community in Pittsburgh and serves as counsel for the Sisters of St. Francis of Millvale
Quote: “I have a strong feeling of obligation to pay back to the profession and the public.”
- Veterans find career success in franchising
- Pittsburgh City Council chief Harris eyes mayor’s job
- State commits annual $3.8M to Pittsburgh-Harrisburg Amtrak line
- Man shot in face in Greenfield
- Accrued sick time weighs on Pittsburgh budget
- Link between Washington County bomb threats, bank heist probed
- Competitors offer tips to Stanton Heights school startup
- Chlorine spill evacuates Wilkinsburg apartment building
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- W.Pa. organizations prepared to assist Oklahoma tornado victims
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.