15 Western Pennsylvania nonprofit groups honored
Fifteen nonprofit groups in the area received the 2012 Top-Rated Nonprofit Award by GreatNonprofits.
The winners get the awards based on positive reviews from donors, volunteers and clients. Cited were Southwinds Inc.; the Sarah Heinz House Association; the World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh; The Midwife Center for Birth and Women's Health; Pittsburgh Urban Christian School; the Holocaust Center of the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh; the Homeless Children's Education Fund; Global Links; the Veterans Leadership Program of Western Pennsylvania; Genesis of Pittsburgh; Persad Center; Dress for Success Pittsburgh; the Women and Girls Foundation; Holy Family Institute; and Rabbit Wranglers.
GreatNonprofits provides user reviews about charities.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- State police probe trooper’s arrest at Pittsburgh wedding
- Nearly 1 in 10 has had identity stolen, RMU poll finds
- Close vote expected on posting restaurant grades in Allegheny County
- Unions warn of problems with referrals outside Veterans Affairs system
- Newsmaker: Master Sgt. Edward Altmeyer
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- University, Pittsburgh officials inspect student housing in Oakland
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Pa. Monuments license plates revenue to help maintain Gettysburg monuments
- TED Talks event to appeal to Pittsburgh millennials