15 Western Pennsylvania nonprofit groups honored
Fifteen nonprofit groups in the area received the 2012 Top-Rated Nonprofit Award by GreatNonprofits.
The winners get the awards based on positive reviews from donors, volunteers and clients. Cited were Southwinds Inc.; the Sarah Heinz House Association; the World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh; The Midwife Center for Birth and Women's Health; Pittsburgh Urban Christian School; the Holocaust Center of the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh; the Homeless Children's Education Fund; Global Links; the Veterans Leadership Program of Western Pennsylvania; Genesis of Pittsburgh; Persad Center; Dress for Success Pittsburgh; the Women and Girls Foundation; Holy Family Institute; and Rabbit Wranglers.
GreatNonprofits provides user reviews about charities.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Duquesne Club seeks permission from city to keep 4 rooftop bee hives
- Man taken to hospital after being hit by car in Carrick
- Allegheny County RAD increases budget by $2.5M for cultural, recreational programs
- Newsmaker: Maurice Cole
- Bethel Park police chief to retire in mid-October
- Threat at Sheraden school a ‘student hoax’
- Pirates rally planned for Market Square
- Children of dead or seriously wounded Marines get help from Pittsburgh group
- Allegheny authority bends limits on free tickets for pro sporting events
- CMU grad, startup CEO reaches out to youth with Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Police: Estranged husband fatally shot by woman’s boyfriend after break-in attempt in Esplen