15 Western Pennsylvania nonprofit groups honored
Fifteen nonprofit groups in the area received the 2012 Top-Rated Nonprofit Award by GreatNonprofits.
The winners get the awards based on positive reviews from donors, volunteers and clients. Cited were Southwinds Inc.; the Sarah Heinz House Association; the World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh; The Midwife Center for Birth and Women's Health; Pittsburgh Urban Christian School; the Holocaust Center of the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh; the Homeless Children's Education Fund; Global Links; the Veterans Leadership Program of Western Pennsylvania; Genesis of Pittsburgh; Persad Center; Dress for Success Pittsburgh; the Women and Girls Foundation; Holy Family Institute; and Rabbit Wranglers.
GreatNonprofits provides user reviews about charities.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Court attire can have impact, Allegheny, Westmoreland public defenders say
- Closures planned for Parkway West
- Tiny black weevils booming in W.Pa.
- Man fatally shot in East Liberty; police investigating 2nd shooting
- Newsmaker: Katherine A. Davoli
- Fireworks displays costly, but W. Pa. communities feel obligated
- Homewood woman accused of card game stabbing
- Tradition rules in Pittsburgh: Keep bridge color the same, poll finds
- Pittsburgh a big draw for tourists on July 4th weekend
- Independence Day festivities scheduled
- Public implored to avoid iPhone cases that resemble guns