15 Western Pennsylvania nonprofit groups honored
Fifteen nonprofit groups in the area received the 2012 Top-Rated Nonprofit Award by GreatNonprofits.
The winners get the awards based on positive reviews from donors, volunteers and clients. Cited were Southwinds Inc.; the Sarah Heinz House Association; the World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh; The Midwife Center for Birth and Women's Health; Pittsburgh Urban Christian School; the Holocaust Center of the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh; the Homeless Children's Education Fund; Global Links; the Veterans Leadership Program of Western Pennsylvania; Genesis of Pittsburgh; Persad Center; Dress for Success Pittsburgh; the Women and Girls Foundation; Holy Family Institute; and Rabbit Wranglers.
GreatNonprofits provides user reviews about charities.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Christmas in Western Pa. predicted to be ‘slightly white’
- Children treated to gifts, peaceful holiday party at Lincoln-Lemington church
- Pittsburgh adjusting to new bicycle lane, ‘stop boxes’
- Newsmaker: Patrick Juola
- Brashear High ‘little libraries’ program rolls out
- Butler legislator gives weekly GOP address
- Tree recycling offered at Allegheny County parks
- Icy roads, cold causing school delays, wrecks in Western Pa.
- Pittsburgh fraud case, Uganda-based counterfeiting racket linked
- Environmental teachers glean new ideas from networking